Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Learning and Development, Legal & Government Affairs – EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805704647W
Manager, Learning and Development for Legal & Government Affairs - EMEA (Manager of L&D, Legal/GA&P-EMEA), is a core member of the Legal & Government Affairs, Health Policy (Legal, GA&P) Global Learning and Development team, reporting to the Senior Director.
This role focuses primarily on managing training and learning in support of the EMEA Law Department and secondarily provides support to the EMEA Government Affairs and Health Policy organization (GA&P). Working in partnership with members of EMEA Law Department, the incumbent is responsible for partnering with regional attorneys to identify priority training needs and then designing, developing, implementing, tracking and evaluating learning solutions. A secondary emphasis is on partnering with the Global Learning Manager of GA&P to support the training needs identified by EMEA GA&P to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines for GA&P interactions.
Under the direction of the Senior Director, the Manager of L&D Legal/GA&P – EMEA manages the regional EMEA LD portfolio and engages/consults with regional Law Department members, Healthcare Compliance Officers and GA&P members as SMEs and business liaisons to gather input, define performance gaps, align/harmonize/prioritize on topics and coordinate LD training. This includes supporting the regional rollout of global programs, regionally-specific learning, partnering with regional colleagues on other assigned learning projects.
The Manager of L&D, Legal/GA&P-EMEA, is responsible for implementation of the Law Department and GA&P Learning Strategy in region, including,
- Conducting needs analysis in partnership with Legal and GA&P subject matter experts to identify and prioritize needs;
- Drafting instructional design proposals including developing robust audience analyses, innovative training approaches and measurable learning objectives;
- Proposing and developing interactive activities, exercises, knowledge checks or assessments to engage learners, improve the learning outcomes and the performance impact of training on the business;
- As needed, developing learning solutions in a variety of formats (classroom, eLearning, self-serve, virtual) and overseeing the content review and revision by subject matter experts (SMEs);
- Developing and conducting appropriate Train-the-Trainer programs as needed including coaching facilitators on training delivery;
- Developing tools to assess the value of various training methodologies and implementing lessons learned from learner and trainer feedback to continuously improve training deliverables;
- Supervising Legal/GA&P training administration and developing measurement processes and reporting of all required Legal/GA&P training assigned to targeted audiences, including coordinating audience identification and assignment with LMS (SUMMIT) administrators, creating necessary communications and providing regular updates to Legal/GA&P Leadership as needed;
- Curating all the department’s training materials, including the Legal/GA&P online training repository and serving as a learning resource for Legal/GA&P members;
- Supervising external training vendors/contractors to design, develop and implement learning solutions, including defining project scope, objectives and deliverables, vetting training materials and serving as project manager;
- Partnering with fellow organizations (HealthCare Compliance & Privacy, Human Resources, Global Procurement, etc.) to alert stakeholders and target audiences to required training or otherwise promote available training materials;
- Keeping current with training and development research, new materials, methods and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Master’s degree in instructional design, education, English or other training/business related coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience designing and developing training/learning programs required.
- Strong client-service/consulting experience required including the ability to collaborate and interact effectively with multiple stakeholders and subject matter experts required.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive, exercise independent judgment and demonstrated ability to work effectively on cross-functional teams with all levels of personnel required.
- Experience in identifying training needs and applying adult learning theory and education principles to the practice of instructional design and strategy required.
- Experience working with global and/or regional teams preferred.
- Experience working with legal, compliance or government affairs content preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and effective management of multiple projects/priorities including external vendors required.
- Experience building training solutions in a variety of formats (in person, virtual, eLearning) required.
- Experience with Learning Management Systems (i.e. Cornerstone, Saba, SumTotal, etc.) and/or Content Management Systems preferred.
- Proven verbal and written communication and change management skills required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 Suite (One Drive, MS-Excel, MS-Access, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Word) and SharePoint required.
- Experience with eLearning development tools (i.e., Articulate, HTML5) preferred.
Johnson & Johnson (6067)
Legal (Non Attorney)