Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Project Leader
Requisition ID: 1805704623W
Job Title: Staff Project Leader - OTD
Reports To: OTD Manager
The position will involve overall responsibility for the development, growth and delivery of the Technologies Portfolio of Projects within the OTD Engineering Group. These projects will involve the development and deployment of new products and process technologies to multiple manufacturing locations. Also, work to reduce the cost of our existing products through collaboration with R&D and development of next generation process technologies and capabilities.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. New Manufacturing Technologies
1.1. Investigate & suggest a pipeline of advanced manufacturing technologies to be implemented in our manufacturing plants to dramatically improve product manufacturing costs &/or efficiencies for new and existing products
1.2. Drives complex or novel assignment requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, equipment, and/or scientific method to broaden DePuy’s Intellectual Property in key strategic areas.
1.3. Identify manufacturing technologies, which will enable new and disruptive product designs by reducing process capability constraints.
1.4. Work with all value stream and plants WW to analyze rationale, investment requirements, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for all Advanced Technology Projects.
1.5. Oversee the specification and purchase of capital equipment during development ensuring balance between optimizing technological capabilities and return on investment.
1.6. Own and manage the Projects relating to OTD Portolio
1.7. Ensure Lean principles are embedded into the product and process development activities
1.8. Interface and manage relationships with critical business stakeholders to ensure the successful adoption of Advanced technologies across the Business (Regulatory, Commercial, Design, Operations)
1.9. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of manufacturing impact on product performance as perceived by the customer
2. Operations Development
2.1. Identify and establish a research capability platform that will enable transformational changes in process capability at DePuy with particular focus on PAT, Automation and Packaging.
2.2. Support and drive the implementation Lean Equipment Design Methodologies within the Centre
2.3. Develop “Best in Class” implementation processes for Advanced Technologies
2.4. Lead the development and management of our scientific process understating approach to next generation convergent technology processes
3. Business Results
3.1. Is acknowledged as a subject matter expert in a relevant technical field and influences associated site-wide technology planning
3.2. Provides guidance to product and technology teams
3.3. Develop and grow the skills set within OTD to facilitate the provision of core technologies and knowledge to DePuy Globally and MD&D where appropriate
3.4. Implement Company Business Plan Objectives & strive to exceed Business results
3.5. Identify capital spend and budget requirements for OTD Projects
3.6. Ensure that OTD Group projects are run cost efficiently and deliver manufacturability and reliable products.
3.7. Promote a quality-focused culture within the manufacturing engineering team, ensuring adherence to cGMP’s and Quality Systems as defined in the Quality Manual
3.8. Provide timely and accurate central reporting on project activities to the project sponsors and senior management.
4. Organizational & Talent Development
4.1. Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site/Corporate objectives
4.2. Build and develop the skills set through the selection, recruitment and development of exceptional engineering talent, and the development of core technical skills and knowledge to support future growth
4.3. Supports teamwork and staff development through a commitment to mentoring and technical leadership
4.4. Implement Program and Project Management Best Practices within the OTD Group.
4.5. Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within OTD.
5. Complexity & Change
5.1. Performs pioneering engineering work as part of major programs
5.2. Develop and maintain an environment of continuous improvement and process excellence
5.3. Responsible for the management and justification of capital investment requirements in line with business growth
5.4. Successfully integrate new advanced technologies and process into existing manufacturing operations ensuring good performance metrics and capacity planning
5.5. Manage the integration of Operational and R&D groups for the execution of complex technical projects
6. Customer & Marketplace focus
6.1. Instill and maintain a sense of urgency and customer focus within the manufacturing engineering team.
6.2. Prioritize projects / tasks in line with Customer service requirements & strategy Engineering objectives.
6.3. Act as voice of the customer.
7. Collaboration & Teaming
7.1. Work with engineering managers WW to ensure consistency within the engineering function at a plant wide level.
7.2. Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner
7.3. Develop collaborative networks with J&J Corporate Franchises
• Flexible work ethic
• Strong influencing skills - Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
• Problem solving skills – To assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
• Decision Making – Required to make decisions on technical and management issues.
• Degree of responsibility – Must be capable of managing and developing the team.
• Excellent Planning & Organizing Skills
• Extent of Confidentiality - Discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies & regulatory
EDUCATION& PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• 8+ years experience in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline and a Degree in Science, Engineering or a related Discipline
• Previous project management & people management expertise (6 years) in leading large scale projects and working both cross-funationally and cross-ite is essential.
• Proven Track Record in the delivery of cross functional projects
• Self-starter with strong motivation and ability to drive for solutions and results
• Track record in Business Development in a Technical environment.
• Strong influencing and communication skills.
• Excellent problem solving skills on maintaining project progress and on project issues.
• Decision Making capability on technical and management issues.
• Extensive Problem solving Expertise (Six Sigma BB or SE certified).
• Perferred Product and Process Validation experience.
• Experience with risk management processes (i.e. DFMEA & PFMEA).
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)