Johnson & Johnson Careers
Polymer Apprenticeship Program (4 x roles)
Requisition ID: 1805704162W
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 1000 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park, close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 31 production lines manufacturing one-day, fortnightly, monthly and colour contact lenses which are shipped worldwide.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world Continued expansion of our product lines and extensive engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
Apprentice Moulding Technician
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical support to all engineering activities within the Injection Molding group at Vision Care Ireland. Working in a high-speed, highly automated environment the range of applications includes; mechanical transfer systems, moulding, robotics, pneumatics, process and raw materials. While experience and knowledge of Injection molding processes is important this position also requires strong biased towards supporting the electromechanical activities of the Injection Molding Engineering team. These activities include but are not limited to:
· Production Support and maintenance activities
· Support/lead quality improvement and cost reduction projects.
· Participate as a key team member in projects requiring input from the Injection Molding Engineering team.
· Ensure that manufacturing engineering activities are carried out according to company operating procedures, and that a high level of productivity and quality is achieved and maintained.
· Ensure that all activities carried out are compliant with Vision Care Ireland quality system requirements.
· Source and install new equipment and processes to enable the achievement of optimum levels of Quality, Cost & Cycle Time
· Prepare, review and approve change requests and other quality system documentation requiring manufacturing engineering sign-off.
· Plan and execute projects to ensure that project timelines, quality and cost targets are met.
· Ability to analyze & resolve engineering issues of a broad scope using independent judgment
· Continuous Improvement & Lean initiatives to include, cost effectiveness through automation & process optimization.
· Work closely to build effective relationships with Production, Quality and Regulatory teams.
· Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
Leaving Certificate (or equivalent), Grade 06 at ordinary level in 5 subjects, 2 of which must be maths and a language (English or Irish). This criteria does not apply to over 23’s but all applicants will follow company and SOLAS recruitment procedures. Strong interest in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering
· Strong interest in mechanical and electrical systems
· Interest in injection molding equipment and processes.
· Knowledge/experience in pneumatics and robotics
· Knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
· Problem solving skills
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)