Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Manager, Material Compliance
Requisition ID: 1805704148W
Product Stewardship is driving the responsible management across the entire product life-cycle to ensure that more sustainable & environmentally compliant products and packaging are available to our customers.
Product Stewardship is part of the enterprise Environmental Health, Safety & Sustainability organization, with teams organized along the key business segments of Johnson & Johnson (Pharmaceutical Products, Consumer Products, Medical Devices). This position will report into the Pharmaceutical (Janssen) Product Stewardship organization.
Basic Purpose of the Role:
This role will drive compliance with key product stewardship regulations for our Janssen drug delivery devices and packaging portfolio. The role will also have responsibilities to integrate product stewardship aspects into our supplier engagement program.
- Lead the Janssen Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) program;
- Lead the Janssen Regulated Substances Management program for drug delivery devices & packaging;
- Lead the Janssen Product Stewardship Supplier Engagement program.
Key Relationships:The Manager Material Compliance will work closely with leaders in the R&D community, Operations, Procurement, External Supply, Packaging & Drug Delivery Devices Development, Packaging Reporting Community (local J&J affiliates) and other Product Stewardship & EHS&S leaders and experts across the organization.
Janssen Extended Producer Responsibility:
- Lead the development of a global Janssen strategy & tactical plans to assure compliance with applicable Extended Producer Responsibility requirements in all regions (EMEA, NA, LA & AsPac), including the take-back of medicines, packaging, sharps, batteries and electrical & electronic equipment;
- Be the Janssen Extended Producer Responsibility Subject Matter Expert (SME). In that role the SME will have a good understanding of applicable EPR regulations, coordinate impact assessments and is aware of best practices that will contribute in building an efficient and transparent EPR program for the pharmaceutical sector of J&J;
- Develop, in close collaboration with IT, a Technology Roadmap to implement EPR solutions that are embedded into our business processes & (ERP) systems.
- Lead the development of a global Janssen Regulated Substances Management strategy & tactical plans to assure compliance with global regulatory requirements, like EU REACH, EU Medical Device Regulation, RoHS, CA Prop 65, EU POP… for all articles (e.g. drug delivery devices & packaging) Janssen is putting on the market.
- Be the Janssen Regulated Substance Management Subject Matter Expert for the Janssen articles portfolio. The SME will have a good understanding of applicable RS regulations, coordinate impact assessments, and is aware of best practices to assure the most appropriate processes & systems will be implemented;
- Develop a Technology Roadmap to drive the digitalization of Product Stewardship data related to our articles portfolio, generating one source of truth for Janssen.
Janssen Product Stewardship Suppliers:
- Lead the development of a global Janssen Supplier Product Stewardship strategy with the aim to specify product stewardship requirements/expectations for our suppliers, increase awareness & capabilities, and develop a governance program to assure suppliers do comply with specific J&J PS requirements;
- Develop a Janssen supplier engagement strategy to exchange & collect critical product, material & substance information from our suppliers to support product stewardship initiatives like EPR, EU REACH and EU MDR.
Janssen Product Stewardship Program:
- Lead, in close collaboration with the Janssen PS SME’s, the integration of all product stewardship aspects for the Actelion product portfolio (Pulmonary Hypertension Therapeutic Area) into the Janssen processes & systems.
- Support advocacy initiatives to ensure the position of Janssen on emerging regulatory and policy initiatives is considered.
- Collaborate with the Janssen product stewardship team to increase the awareness & capabilities for product stewardship across the Janssen organization.
Education: University (Master’s) degree or equivalent, EHS&S / Engineering preferred.
Experience: Minimum 10 years of relevant experience.
- You are inspired by J&J's Vision and the way that Product Stewardship is contributing to change the trajectory of Health for Humanity (http://healthforhumanityreport.jnj.com);
- You are excited about the concept of Environmental Health and Sustainability and how Janssen supports science to better understand the life cycle impacts of our products, leading to better insights to reduce the environmental footprint of our products;
- You love to work in a complex, dynamic & global environment where you have the freedom to innovate and like embracing the principle of 'learning by doing';
- You easily connect & inspire people, and demonstrated the ability to influence & build strong relationships with key stakeholders;
- You are proactive, independent, technically competent, assertive, well-spoken, and have proven the ability to successfully perform in high-pressure, global and culturally diverse environments;
- You like to engage with the external environment and/or have experience in working intensively with external partners and/or suppliers;
- You have proven project management skills and can demonstrate that you led projects successfully in a complex (regulatory) environment;
- Having hands-on experience with one or more product stewardship regulations/programs is a plus (e.g. packaging development, chemical compliance, extended producer responsibility, product sustainability, material compliance...);
- Good working knowledge on material sciences, toxicology, ecotoxicology & physico-chemical properties of chemicals and their testing protocols is a bonus;
- You have a strong interest in developing processes, systems & tools to increase the efficiency & effectiveness of key business processes;
- You like to see the big picture, while not losing sight of the details;
- You have experience in a compliance, regulatory, procurement, packaging, quality or any other relevant role in a global chemical, pharmaceutical or any other relevant company or industry;
- You like to understand what customers are expecting from us and are willing to explore this further;
Location of Role: Beerse, Belgium (main location) – but other sites in Europe will be considered
Language Requirements: English (knowledge of other languages is an asset)Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Italy-Lazio-Latina, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Schaffhausen-Schaffhausen, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland-Cork-Cork, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Environmental Health & Safety