Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head-Global Health Services Operations–EMEA
High Wycombe, United Kingdom; Switzerland; Belgium; Germany; Spain; France; United Kingdom; Ireland
Requisition ID: 1805703919W
The Head of Global Health Services Operations – EMEA Region assumes regional stewardship of health and wellbeing strategies, policies, standards and compliance across all countries in the EMEA Region. S/he is responsible for the quality execution of programs, services and resources in the areas of occupational health, clinical services, wellness & health promotion and employee assistance and mental wellbeing programs. S/he is a change leader who creates heightened organizational engagement on human health and performance to deeply embed a strong culture of health and regulatory compliance across the organization. The Head of Global Health Services Operations – EMEA Region leads the function in a way that continues to ensure the organization remains a thought leader in the development and deployment of programs that support employee protection, performance and wellbeing.
The Head of Global Health Services Operations – EMEA Region serves as the key strategic business leader for implementation of global strategies in the area of employee wellbeing. S/he builds regional strategies and partners with stakeholders within the region to align health and wellbeing deliverables with business strategies. S/he is accountable for the active engagement and partnership of business leaders and support functions throughout the region to ensure strong collaboration in building and sustaining a culture of health.
The Head Global Health Services Operations – EMEA Region is accountable for the delivery of occupational health services to J&J employees and businesses in the region. S/he is responsible for the strategy associated with the implementation and management of occupational health and clinical services. S/he oversees operational quality assurance systems related to occupational health and leverages a varied set of resources to drive patient outcomes through onsite, near site and remote clinical services and regional subject matter experts. S/he partners with regional and global Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability, Engineering and Property Services and Human Resources personnel to ensure a highly effective employee health and protection program.
S/he builds and leads a high functioning, cross functional team of professionals for the successful delivery of health and wellbeing programs in the region. S/he takes ownership for, talent acquisition, performance and development in a way that maximizes the performance and development of the Global Health team in the region.
The Head Global Health Services Operations – EMEA Region serves as a thought leader in employee health and wellbeing, occupational health delivery and population health. S/h serves as a key contact with relevant agencies and organizations in building the company’s external reputation for excellence in the areas of Occupational health, wellbeing and Performance. Sets strategic direction for regional external collaborations in close alignment with internal stakeholders based on regional and local legislation.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required, preferably in Management, Public Health, Health Care Administration or related field.
- A Master’s Degree/MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a related field is required.
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in employee health and/or occupational health management.
- Experience in the Life Sciences, Health and Wellness and/or Healthcare Industry is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of people management experience is required.
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment is required.
- The ability to successfully manage multiple programs, scope projects and create workable project plans is required.
- Experience in the preparation of strategic and operational plans is required.
- Demonstrated capability for problem solving, decision making, sound judgment and assertiveness is required.
- Experience working with matrixed, geographically distributed and functionally diverse work groups is required.
- Proven ability to build strong partnerships with the business at all levels of the organization including operations, technology and other key stakeholders is required.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal and external stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes is required.
- Knowledge of the corporate and occupational health regulatory environment and corporate governance principles to ensure compliance with all federal, industry rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as excellent presentation skills, are required.
- Experience in LEAN process improvements is preferred.
- This position will require up to 40% domestic and international travel.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Ireland
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)