Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Excellence Specialist
Requisition ID: 1805703653W
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100 acre site with an investment of €500 million. For more than 25 years we have been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is operational producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new and innovative cancer treatments.
In 2017, Janssen Sciences Ireland UC announced that it is to invest more than €300 million in the expansion of its manufacturing plant that will create more than 200 new jobs.
JOB TITLE: Business Excellence Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Business Excellence
REPORTS TO: Business Excellence Lead
LOCATION: Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, Ringaskiddy, Cork
The purpose of this role is to establish & embed continuous improvement processes & systems in Bio-Cork 2.
Ensure the implementation of the Johnson and Johnson Production System (JJPS) that will deliver Best in Class performance through a highly engaged workforce. Play a leading role in fostering a culture of continuous improvement and achieving sustainable high standards of manufacturing performance.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
During the Project Phase of Bio-Cork 2 (Suite 3) ensure that Lean Six Sigma & JJPS capabilities are built in to teams as teams are on-boarded.
Support functional departments in the development of business process standards for Suite 3 that are aligned with existing JJPS business processes in Suite 1 &2.
Utilize lean & six sigma methodologies to support the transition of Suite 3 from a project phase through to Operational Readiness.
Support the integration of Suite 3 business process standards with the existing facilities; this includes ensuring that Business Process Standards are in place and aligned with the existing facility to Schedule, Make, Test and Release product.
Develop a Performance Management process for Suite 3 Operations that is aligned with the performance management process in place in the existing facility.
Leading the embedding & sustaining of the ‘Managing Site Performance’ business process standard on site.
Owning and leading the site Root Cause Problem Solving system (RCPS), and embedding & improving its use within the site.
Lead JJPS TIPs & coach initiative leads on JJPS methodology.
Develop and Deploy plant-wide lean training modules.
Develop and drive the yellow/green and black belt program on site.
Drive the Lean philosophy throughout the site by supporting, mentoring and coaching employees in increasing their understanding and knowledge of Lean principles and techniques
Develop and foster a continuous improvement culture
Maximise the involvement of employees in process improvements
Ensure all JJPS changes are conducted to the highest of standards in a safe, compliant, and effective manner
Provide support to various functions as required to meet the business targets and objectives; ensuring the plants processes operate at optimum
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Proven ability in Systems Thinking, Plan-Do-Check-Act, and Problem Solving
• Superior change management skills including the understanding of both individual change and organizational change.
• Excellent listening and analytical skills, facilitation skills, organized, and able to lead people and help them through the challenges of change within a complex environment.
• Outstanding presence and communication skills, able to inspire trust and quickly build credibility. Must have strong collaboration and influence skills
• Excellent intellect, strategic and tactical thinking ability, complemented by a "hands-on" operational and business planning orientation.
• Patient under pressure but resolute in getting things done quickly and effectively
• Accountability, with a strong desire to commit, be held accountable and be rewarded for delivering results. Recognizes and builds support for change.
• Articulates a complex change in a way that is easily understood by others.
• Moral and personal integrity and the values that inspire trust in the organization.
• Energy, passion, enthusiasm, commitment, and courage.
• Strong relationship development, conflict resolution, and team building instincts. Makes the customer central to all thinking.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Third level Degree or equivalent qualification in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics
• Certified to Black/Green belt level or relevant Lean Qualification
• Working knowledge of World Class Manufacturing & Lean Manufacturing
• Working knowledge of a regulated industry
• Masters degree in Lean Operations, Process Excellence, and/or Operations Management
• Master Black belt certified
• Experience within a Life sciences or biopharmaceutical environment
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)