"Caring for the world… one person at a time” … inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we created one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today’s evolving health care environment. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world. Manufacturing Engineer
1. Overall responsibilities
This role supports manufacturing operations in the areas of process development, tool design, machine programming, machinery & equipment acquisition, manufacturing layout, continuous
improvement and other duties associated with engineering support of production.
• Provides technical support in identifying continuous improvements to manufacturing operations and implementing new technologies including development of processes, researching current and emerging technologies and evaluating process quality, cost, capacity and capability
• Supports the needs of assigned manufacturing area in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
• Provides technical support regarding equipment design and development, testing of materials, preparation of specifications and operator instructions, process studies, investigations, root cause analysis, problem solving and report or presentation preparation.
• Performs assignments designed to continue the development of professional work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out a sequence of related engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis and
presentation of data and technical writing.
2. Position duties and responsibilities
• Leads engineering projects that are less complex, either technically or with a small cross-functional team. Leads and participates in projects including developing and executing to the plan and schedule and meeting the goals and objectives of the project. Tracks costs, prepares status reports, conducts meetings, and documents and communicates progress to management.
• Leads and participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
• Provides day to day support to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
• Writes and executes engineering studies and process validation protocols and summary reports (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation).
• Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
• Performs gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required. Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators, tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
• Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
• Supports new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
• Develops and implements manufacturing and inspection procedures.
• Participates in, and in some cases, leads cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance and Product Development.
• Acts as a liaison to vendors with regard to contracted products, tools & fixtures, and their manufacture.
• Bachelor of Science Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent
• Minimum 2 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
• Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
• Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 2 years of experience preferred.
Interpersonal skills / characteristics:
• Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, and
• Demonstrates strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented.
• Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
• Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
• Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
• Must be willing to support all production shifts.
• Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures
(SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
• Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of
professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
• Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)Job Function
Industrial ManufacturingRequisition ID