Johnson & Johnson Careers
Process Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 1805701733W
Job Title: Process Engineering Manager
Department: Engineering, Science & Technology
Reports To: Senior Engineering Manager
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the Engineering and Technical Services functions within budget and to plan, thereby creating a state-of-the-art automated manufacturing plant at DePuy Limited using best practice technologies and latest / breakthrough technologies.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Organization & Talent Development
1. Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic imperatives / objectives.
2. Develop and implement the Engineering and Technical Services functions strategic imperatives in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives / objectives.
3. Develop and lead world-class Engineering and Technical services functions.
4. Manage, develop and lead departmental staff in a manner that will facilitate employee development, identifying training needs, stretch assignments and opportunities for development.
5. Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply.
6. Ensure all Engineering and Technical Services associates adopt and live the Behavioural Standards.
7. Continuous Improvement Focus
Business Results & Performance
1. Ensure the Engineering and Technical Services functions conform to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
2. Ensure regular communication of business performance/issues to all relevant employees.
3. Ensure responsibilities under the Quality System as defined in the Quality Manual are attained and maintained by Engineering and Technical Services employees.
4. Ensure all HSE requirements are fulfilled in accordance with the responsibilities defined in the Company Safety Statement and Environmental policy and actively promote Health & Safety within the Engineering and Technical Services functions, ensuring Health & Safety is a goal for all direct / indirect reports.
5. Manage function expenses, variable costs and plant capital to budget.
6. Ensure business transformation is embraced and supported by the Engineering and Technical services functions.
7. Lead Site Wide Ergonomics team to ensure all potential risks are proactively managed.
Collaboration & Teaming
1. Work as a strategic partner with all other departments to develop DePuy as a Best in Class orthopedics plant and a flagship company within J&J.
2. Provide leadership within the Engineering and Technical Services functions that will deliver superior business results in-line with objectives.
3. Ensure there is close collaboration between associates in Engineering, R&D, Production, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Planning, Materials, etc. when introducing new products and / or making product changes.
4. Actively participate in / lead MD&D Engineering and Technical Services initiatives.
Engineering & Technical Services Function
1. Ensure Job Safety Analysis for equipment / processes that are either new or changed are completed and that existing equipment / processes are periodically reviewed
2. Develop Capital Investment requirements for the business that will drive cost improvement and increased capacity.
3. Ensure all CIP / Capital investment projects are reviewed in relation to effect on current / future working practices.
4. Ensure financial justifications for new Plant & Equipment meet internal / franchise / J&J requirements where appropriate.
5. Support R&D projects to ensure design for manufacture / value.
6. Ensure Standard times for products are developed, reviewed and ratified on a frequent basis (at least yearly).
7. Ensure all engineering / Technical services activities within the company are co-ordinated in-line with production requirements.
8. Develop and maintain a formal structure to manage Engineering-led projects from concept through to manufacturing, ensuring associates are rewarded and recognised for their work done on specific projects and providing guidance where necessary / appropriate.
9. Ensure tooling / fixturing and machine programmes are effectively designed / developed in conjunction with design and Production to achieve cost effective production and safe working methods.
10. Keep up to date with latest thinking in terms of technologies and continue to develop knowledge of business by visiting machinery and equipment exhibitions, suppliers, seminars, etc.
11. Ensure the facility is maintained at a high level in terms of utilities, plant and equipment, replacing obsolete / inefficient plant and equipment where necessary.
12. Ensure energy and water consumption is monitored and develop strategies to offset increasing costs.
13. Ensure equipment and machinery is purchased in-line with HSE / Legal requirements.
14. Ensure all equipment / machines are maintained to factory standard and uptime is optimised.
15. Ensure NPI’s are managed in-line with PACE and in conjunction with R&D, Sales and marketing, Regulatory, etc.
16. Ensure all risks associated with the introduction of new products and / or processes are mitigated.
17. Ensure purchase orders are created and approved in-line with current good accounting / purchasing practices.
18. Develop capacity models for all value streams in conjunction with Operations & Materials, ensuring 20% excess capacity on all Business-critical product lines
19. Maintain compliance to all QA / Regulatory / Corporate / SOX requirements and follow-up with internal and external audit findings.
20. Manage the launch quantities and production ramp-up schedules for all NPI’s and product transfers.
21. Lead specific improvement initiatives to drive increased efficiency / reduced costs in the business
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
ESSENTIAL:Engineering Degree or equivalent.
Minimum 8 – 10 years manufacturing management experience in an Operations / Engineering role within a large fast paced
Previous experience with engineering products/machine tools.
DESIRABLE: Masters in Business Administration and / or Engineering
Previous experience within the Healthcare/Medical Devices Sector.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)