Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805701285W
Role: Materials Engineer
Location: Cork, Ireland.
Reports to: Materials Engineering Manager
DePuy Synthes, Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials.
Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
Technical role in in the Materials & Surface Technology group, focusing on Development Line in the 3D Development & Launch Centre Cork. Collaborating with global functions including R&D, Engineering and Operations, the position will be responsible for identifying and supporting strategic materials related engineering projects ensuring optimum process capability and design for manufacturability in the development of new processes. The role involves working with a cross functional team to develop advanced manufacturing processes for the implementation of materials technologies and innovative processes to build excellence in Materials Development.
What you’re great at:
• Are you innovative, tenacious and passionate about engineering.
• Performance and results driven.
• Culturally aware and politically sensitive.
• A team player.
• Good influencing skills.
• Project Management skills.
• Good communicator.
• Structured problem solving.
• Additive manufacturing software expertise.
As a Senior Materials Engineer, your typical day may include:
• Provide lead and support on materials projects – focusing on Additive Manufacturing.
• Support the development of long-term strategy for metal forming related technologies.
• Lead detailed product / process design reviews.
• Implement of cost effective material-related manufacturing solutions to drive engineering efficiencies.
• Design, develop and conduct feasibility studies to assess new technologies or process improvements.
• Develop innovative qualification methodologies to apply appropriate statistical and validation techniques based on overall risk.
• Implement design for manufacturability in new processes to minimise lifecycle cost.
• Full project management responsibility for Additive Manufacturing projects within the Materials and Surface Technology group.
• Lead process optimisation, root cause analysis and scrap reduction activities related to material processes.
• Identify appropriate resources and technical requirements for Materials and Surface Technology projects.
• Direct PFMEA studies and risk assessments.
• Development of advanced materials related manufacturing processes from end to end within the supply chain, including raw materials, process design and optimisation.
• Support the development of capital business cases for new process development projects.
• Participate in collaborations with R&D, NPD, SCPM, 3D Printing CoE, and academic institutions.
• Provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
• Ensure all activities comply with GMP, ISO and quality system requirements.
• Ensure that all health, safety and environmental requirements are fulfilled.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
• Committed to caring.
• Responsible to our communities.
• Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how.
• Rare in our background and experiences.
• The drivers of our own success.
• Passionate about doing what’s right.
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.com.
We respectively request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail and have
• BSc in Materials Science or Engineering and 4-6 years’ experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
• PhD in Materials Science or Engineering and 2-4 years experience within a medical device company or similar industry.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)