Johnson & Johnson Careers
【Medical】Communication and Public Affairs, Manager
Requisition ID: 1805700994W
Reporting to the Director, Communication and Public Affairs (C&PA), Johnson & Johnson MedicalCompany, Japan, this position will be mainly responsible for all the external communication.
This position is requested to work closely with C&PA team not only within Japan but also APAC and global colleagues while building strong relationship with key stakeholders and peers in other J&J group companies. This position will manage 1-2 direct reports.
1) Media Relations (30%)
l Map out key media and influencers and build strong relationship with them
l Understand key market trends and develop message platform for external media
l Externally promote key transformational and new product launches
l Proactively address issues and crisis
2) Social Media/Web (20%)
l Analyze trend of social media and identify the most appropriate one for us to launch
l Create a buzz by using social media and proactively reach out to the public
l Leverage our corporate website to tell our story and enhance JJ’s corporate reputation
3) Corporate Communications (30%)
l Develop customer/patient story that bring mission to life
l Develop corporate reputation strategy as a way of enhancing operating organization and/or Johnson & Johnson image/brand.
l Tell our story on J&J efforts in terms of Diversity & Inclusion, Women’s Leadership and Work-Life-Balance to attract good talents.
l Amplify J&J’s CSR initiatives leveraging media engagement strategy
4) Internal Communications and Others (20%)
l Be an Enterprise ambassador to actively build linkages, programs, leverage between sectors
l Lead corporate events/programs hosted by J&J group
l Reduce internal email communications and direct to intranet/Yammer
l Manage 2-4 direct reports as well as communication budget
l Support C&PA director to develop team and individual capability
PERSONAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
· Strategic thinking
· Excellent interdependent partnering skills
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values
- Sense of urgency/Prioritize tasks
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
· Expertise in obtaining, analyzing and synthesizing information
· Superior writing, editing and oral presentation skills for a broad range of target audiences
· Excellent listening and critical reasoning skills
· Creativity in developing options and solutions
· Deep understanding of public perceptions
· Superior ability to deal with complex, ambiguous and contradictory situations
· Understanding of new media/communications approaches
· Ability to plan and execute communication campaigns for products, categories, and public affairs issues.
- Proven performer with 10+ years of experience in internal and external communications in a company or public relations agency with a proven track record of success.
- Strong leadership competencies, specifically in terms of managing through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in issues management, including experience dealing with national and local media, trade and social media or professional / trade and third-party organizations.
- Strong working knowledge / understanding of regulatory / legal environment as it relates to medical devices or other regulated product categories.
- Experience in managing outside agencies/project budgets/schedules
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills in English and Japanese, as well as editing experience, which includes a well-developed aptitude for grammar and style.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, but also be a self-starter and an ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a focus on planning, setting priorities relative to importance and urgency, and delivering results under tight time constraints.
Johnson & Johnson K.K. (8235)