Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Finance Analyst - MD UK
Requisition ID: 1805700047W
Role: Senior Finance Analyst – Medical Devices UK/Irl Business Unit Finance (BUF)
Contract: Maternity Cover (with potential opportunity for permanent position within J&J)
Location: Office Based, Pinewood
GCF Band: 26
Johnson & Johnson is one of the largest and most broadly based manufacturers of healthcare products in the world with turnover in excess of $75BN and with 3 strands to its core business namely Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer.
The Medical Devices operating company for UK and Ireland is responsible for full P&L including sales and marketing in these countries delivering over $600M Net Trade Sales annually. The MD UK/IE Business Unit Finance (BUF) team is hiring a Senior Finance Analyst in support of the UK business, specifically focusing on the Ethicon franchise. This position is a crucial business partner in leading business support across different business functions and in supporting the Ethicon Controller on their franchise area support.
As Senior Analyst, you will play a key role in developing insights and foresights for the business by using a strong understanding of the business and external competitive environment. You will support and aim to influence the business on a variety of topics including resource allocations and profitability.
You will be a key member of the BUF team and will contribute to an engaging, collaborative, mindful team and support in the delivery of the BUF goals and objectives, creating value for the Medical Device UK Operating Company. As Senior Finance Analyst, you will directly report to the Ethicon Business Controller.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take on a frontline finance role with the capability and exposure to make a difference.
What your day may include:
• To calculate and record robust, accurate, timely and complete financial forecasts for each J&J plan cycle relevant to your area
• To lead finance business support for related cost centres, aligned to the BUF vision
• To support the controller on his/her finance business support where needed
• To provide insightful analysis and commentary to explain deviations in financial performance between actuals business results and planned/forecasted results or from one plan cycle to another plan cycle
• To monitor expenses and provides insights to enable cross-functional leads to make agile resource allocation decisions across the organization
• To ensure all business partners have appropriate finance knowledge to enable accurate, timely, complete and appropriate initiation of financial transactions such as accruals, prepayments and purchase order goods receipts and are kept sufficiently informed of key finance deadlines to aid compliance to the finance timetable
• To independently provide financial projections for each quarterly Latest Thinking projection
• Provides support for ad hoc projects within the BUF team, co-creates with the business and Regional Finance on specific projects including partnerships.
• Ensures compliance with the J&J WW Financial and Business Conduct procedures
• Works as One Team with our UK Business Support Centre of Excellence and Prague Global Services teams to ensure accurate and timely actuals and business plan/forecast updates.
• Contributes to an engaging, collaborative, mindful Finance Team delivering on the Finance Vision, Goals, and Objectives
What will you need to be successful in this role:
• Degree level education
• Fully qualified accountant, with relevant business experience
• Medical Device / commercial finance experience desirable
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Fluent command of English
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbally; effective presentation skills
• MS Office proficiency
• Strong business partnering skills; customer oriented and strategic mindset
• Ability to collaboratively challenge and influence others
• Results oriented with strong prioritization skills, high sense of urgency
• Ability to maintain accuracy under pressure
• Analytical and able to work with complexity
• Proactive approach; desire for continuous improvement and standardization
• Able to create a positive atmosphere of trust and mutual respect
• Curious mindset; desire to learn
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)