Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Scientific Liaison, Hematology
Requisition ID: 1805700000W
Janssen is part of Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceuticals helping patients all over the world. The core areas of competence include hematology, oncology, immunology, CNS, PAH and virology. With the development of new products and innovative processes, the company has made significant contributions to the advancement of therapy for many illnesses. The World Health Organization included five drugs in its list of the most important medications.
Medical Scientific Liaison (MSL) Hematology Switzerland
- To act as a scientific liaison, responsible for proactively and reactively discussing our products, treatment trends and studies in the specific therapeutic area, on a peer-to-peer basis with a defined audience of Leading Specialists (Physicians, Pharmacists, Hospital Managers, Board Members of Scientific Societies, and other stakeholders).
- To maximize company product value by feeding insights back to the company. Furthermore, a link shall be built between external stakeholders and different departments within Alpine to foster health economics, business insights and planning discussions. Through activities in line with the Medical Affairs Plan and the Stakeholder Outreach Plan, the MSL is jointly responsible for the realization of short-term and long-term company goals measured by objective setting and performance reviews.
- The role is field-based and demands approximately 70% external customer interaction as it involves extensive Leading Specialists interactions. E.g. field based activities like: Ad-Boards, Round Tables, regular visits at hospitals to contact the KOLs/Leadings Specialists and investigators of our studies.
- Development and maintenance of a contact network with health care professionals (HCPs):
- Identifies leading specialists and communicates medical information.
- Champions through scientific interactions with Leading Specialists the medical value of our products fairly based on the risk-benefit profile and contributes to foster innovative therapeutic approaches to benefit patients.
- Responds to unsolicited medical information requests and forwards complex requests to the MSE.
- Executes a Stakeholder Management Plan in close collaboration and coordination with other functions including: MAF, GCO, HEMAR, Commercial, Selling.
- Represents the company with external relevant parties.
- Proactive and reactive communication of medical scientific data to Leading Specialists and broader external healthcare related audiences:
- Provides field based scientific support by providing scientific material, responding to unsolicited medical information requests.
- Knows all relevant patient organizations in the respective therapeutic area and engages them in close collaboration with the Patient Engagement & Advocacy Lead in order to initiate cooperation and discuss supporting requests.
- Shares proactively non-promotional scientific, product and company information within the approved label during face to face meetings or telephone conferences.
- Generates e.g. Round Tables, clinic presentation, etc. in coordination with sales
- Uses digital technologies and new media to support proactive and reactive communication.
- Supports the MSE in managing, planning, designing and executing MAF clinical activities in close co-operation with GCO and CROs:
- Studies clinical studies and exchanges knowledge with MSE to ensure information integrity for the company's products.
- Understands Real World Evidence (RWE) methodologies, identifies data needs and opportunities, and engages in discussions with customers to help design RWE projects.
- Proposes investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- Discusses and accepts if appropriate investigator proposals for IISs and ensures they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision.
- Supports post marketing surveillance and expanded access programs.
- Through scientific interactions, gains valuable insights into treatment patterns, and scientific activities in the disease area and provides strategic input to the company Medical Affairs Plan needed for business decision-making.
- Organization and participation in Medical Education activities
Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or natural Science university degree.
Knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data.
2-4 years related work experience preferred, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship.
Innovative, able to work in a matrix and coordinate and drive a complex and changing environment.
Janssen-Cilag Switzerland (7325)