Johnson & Johnson Careers
Lead, OPCx (On Premise Cloud) Operations Compute Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805699043W
Job Description Summary
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Lead, OPCx (On Premise Cloud) Operations Compute Engineer located in Singapore to focus on supporting the VMware Virtualization Compute capability deployed globally at JnJ as part of Software Defined Datacenter (SDDC).
The Lead, OPCx Operations compute Engineer is a key member of the resolver group for Virtualization Operations related (globally) related events and issues reported by service desk, application owners and alerts from vROPs and other monitoring tools. The Engineer executes and supports all virtualization related changes in production in coordination with the SDDC development group. This individual contributes to day to day operations support of SDDC environment and troubleshooting the issues with cross functional teams and vendors.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
• Contributing as a key member of the resolver group for all VMware virtualization related inquiries, events and issues
• Lead operations teams as an SME hands-on with periodic updates, assist in communications to business about all incidents.
• Troubleshooting and resolving a broad range of issues related vSphere, NSX, vSAN, Hardware (HPE and DELL servers)
• Troubleshooting and resolving performance, migration, deployment, upgrade, issues.
• Participate lead and drive Priority 1, Priority2 incidents representing Operations Compute.
• Troubleshoot, Review and own RCA (Root Cause Analysis) creation in support of Problem Management
• Maintaining operational stability
• Working with the Engineering , Life Cycle Management teams in automation , Continuous improvement, upgrade activities.
• Administering all Production/Dev/QA vSphere infrastructure
• Administering all Production/Dev/ QA HP-OneView, DELL OME.
• Meeting target SLAs; working with customers to ensure all workflows are documented and continually updated
• Coordinating crisis management with relevant stakeholders
• Following and adhering to operational processes, compliance and other JnJ defined policies
• Support on-call in rotation as escalation point.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s Degree is required.
• A Post Graduate Degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 6 years of experience with vSphere, Network, datacenter technologies and operations at an Enterprise or service provider
• At least 1 year of experience with SDN (Software Defined Network) capabilities (operations or engineering)
• VMware vSphere training and Certification.
• VMware NSX training completion and certification is preferred
• 2+ years of experience with VMware virtualization, vCloud suite ( vSphere , vSAN, NSX, vROPS and other Cloud stack software )
• Automation through PowerShell, Power CLI , Scripting experience is preferred.
• Strong technical background and experience in virtualization, network and other technologies is preferred.
• ITIL V3 knowledge is required and certification is a plus
• Prior experience in supporting global operations and following Enterprise level process frameworks
• Independent judgment and technical problem solving, decision-making strength is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills are required.
• Self-starter with strong teamwork abilities and customer service skills is required.
• Experience in working in a DevOps or Scrum methodology is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)