Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel, Janssen Campus Belgium
Requisition ID: 1805698566W
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
A member of the Johnson & Johnson Law Department and the Janssen Campus Belgium Legal Affairs team.
- Attorney providing general legal support to Janssen Campus Belgium in a wide variety of local legal matters. In addition, this attorney will be the go-to legal contact for the Head of Internal and External Alliance Management & Campus Office Belgium, a critical role in the implementation of our OneBenelux Campus Strategy. This attorney will also support the worldwide Janssen Preservation and Material Protection business and the local presence of select regional and global functions of the Janssen pharmaceutical companies of Johnson & Johnson.”
- Manages a small team of paralegals.
- Reports directly into the VP law Janssen Pharmaceutica NV.
- Strong focus on commercial contract work and site management matters (e.g. contract negotiations, innovative partnerships, dispute resolution, legal risk assessment, compliance initiatives, client training,…).
- Oversight for corporate housekeeping matters of Janssen Pharmaceutica NV and other J&J’s companies in Belgium.
- This is an excellent opportunity to deepen your legal career within a fast-paced, challenging and international business environment. Our employees start each day with a new opportunity to transform healthcare and improve the quality of life for people around the world.
- You will collaborate on a daily basis with other members of the Law Department as well as internal clients and interact directly with external business partners both in Belgium and abroad.
- Some international travel will be required.
- You obtained your Master Degree in Law (LL.M) with excellent results; a supplementary degree would be an asset.
- You have at least 6 years of legal experience in relevant fields with a reputable law firm and/or as an in-house counsel for an international company preferably in a highly regulated and/or high tech environment.
- Your excellent knowledge of (Belgian) commercial contract law is underpinned by strong communication and negotiation skills and the ability to influence and work collaboratively at all levels and across functions.
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian corporate law is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral language skills in English and Dutch. French and other languages are a plus.
- Experience in contract drafting, review and negotiation in English and Dutch.
- Strong people leadership skills.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)