Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR. MANAGER GLOBAL CATEGORY PROCUREMENT
Requisition ID: 1805698022W
The purpose of the Global Category Senior Manager, Primary Packaging is to develop Global Consumer (with possible scope extension to Enterprise at a later stage) sourcing strategies for primary packaging sub-categories covering $ 80MM+ USD of spend. Manager will develop industry expertise and drive clarity on sourcing strategy in relation to assigned Primary packaging materials
The Global Category Senior Manager will take direction from the Global Director, Primary Packaging and ensure the assigned sub-categories are positioned to meet the packaging categories overall G&Os. The position will have GSRM accountabilities with key suppliers to manage compliance adherence, supplier performance and innovation. The manager will work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure business needs are well captured and incorporated in sourcing strategies
The Global Category Senior Manager will be responsible in managing approximately $80MM+ spend for Johnson & Johnson Companies. This spend has high complexity and requires collaboration with key stakeholders within the business and supply chain to execute. This individual will identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurement goals and strategy. Plan and direct the organization’s activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence.
He will provide end-to-end category leadership such as sub-category strategy development, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing key supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
The Global Category Senior Manager Primary Packaging scope of responsibilities include:
- Develop and drive the Procurement vision for, with and through the stakeholder community.
- Developing the vision, strategy and implementation plan for a specific category or categories of spend that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for J&J
- Interface directly with CEO’s and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost.
- Understand operational considerations. Identify business demand requirements and partners with Business Engagement Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drives competitive advantage.
- Understand long range requirements of the business partners and engage in strategic planning and partnering to ensure alignment
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
- Build and maintain relationships throughout JNJ that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of Procurements goals and category strategies, based on deep subject matter expertise and an informal understanding of industry/market dynamics
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement areas of focus (Spend Management: Category Management and Supplier Management).
- Leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary.
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Customer Orientation (building and maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders
- Project management skills
- Business Acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Cilag GmbH International (8525)