Johnson & Johnson Careers
(Sr) Scientist Technical Operations
Requisition ID: 1805697247W
Janssen Biologics is implementing data analytics tools into its commercial manufacturing to be able to supply more patients with innovative medicines at lower costs. We are looking for a (Sr) Scientist in the Technical Operations department to strengthen our modeling team, who can be a key player in the role out of Real Time Multi Variate Analysis (RT-MVA) models throughout our operations organization.
Leiden site Technical Operations (TO) is part of the global Technical Operations organization. TO manages the technology platform strategy within Leiden as well as across the other parenteral sites. The strategy is locally executed by TO. TO is responsible for validation and standardization of processes and equipment within the Janssen Biologics site and manages Life Cycle Management (LCM) projects and improvement projects. We accomplish this through our broad technical competency, global reach and local execution power. A job within the TO team is very dynamic and diverse. We are looking for someone who likes challenges, is collaborative and is keen on working within local as well as global project teams. And is capable to lead these teams.
The (Sr) Scientist will utilize skills in data sciences to construct MVA models and assist our operations department in rolling out these models which aim to avoid process excursions and enable process optimization. This project will include exposure to different parts of our organization and the (Sr) Scientist will be responsible for delivering conclusions and recommendations supported by model results. Because this is a collaborative effort, change management and collaboration skills will be required.
- M.Sc. in an engineering discipline/data sciences with an emphasis on biologics, preferably combined with a Ph.D.
- Minimal 5 years of relevant work experience in the (bio-) pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of both upstream (cell culture) and downstream biopharmaceutical processes.
- Programming knowledge in a scripting language, R, or MATLAB is required for data manipulation and analysis. Previous experience using SIMCA and/or SIMCA-online is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of any of the following is strongly desirable: metabolic flux analysis, multivariate analysis, or mechanistic modeling.
- Influencing skills, excellent stakeholder management within a high complex matrix parenteral organization and leadership skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
- The ability to work individually (independently) as well as in a team
- Excellent verbal as well as writing communication skills in English
Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Our products portfolio is comprised of pharmaceuticals, biologics and combination products. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
Janssen Biologics (7266)