Johnson & Johnson Careers
Principal Scientist, Medicinal chemistry
Requisition ID: 1805697210W
Principal Scientist (F/M) –Medicinal Chemistry, Beerse, Belgium
Janssen Research & Development seeks to bring innovative and effective treatments in six therapeutic areas of high unmet medical need. The Janssen campus in Beerse, close to Antwerp, (Belgium) has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. Our medicinal chemistry group focusses on developing innovative small molecule therapeutics to treat diseases like Alzheimer’s disease, various types of cancers and infectious diseases like Hepatitis B, influenza etc. We are currently looking for enthusiastic candidates with the following profile:
- PhD degree in synthetic, organic or medicinal chemistry
- Subsequent experience in a biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry environment
- Highly motivated candidate with strong commitment to lab work.
- Strong track record of achievements in the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques
- Demonstrated advancement of projects through various stages of drug discovery and delivery of clinical candidates.
- Familiarity with structure-based drug discovery, additional experience with fragment based drug discovery is a plus.
- Track record of scientific contributions (peer reviewed publications in high impact factor journals, patents, oral presentations…)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Good soft and communication skills. Demonstrated leadership role in supervising more junior staff.
- Willing to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner suggesting alternative solutions for existing problems
- Hands on knowledge of automated synthesis approaches and/or high throughput experimentation set-ups is considered a plus
- Expertise or a keen interest in handling large data sets, artificial intelligence, and machine learning is a plus
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
- Working on a site that harbors all aspects of the drug discovery process, located close to the vibrant city of Antwerp.
- An attractive remuneration package with multiple extralegal benefits (for example hospital insurance, onsite gym facilities, and other health care incentives)
- An inclusive team environment where diversity and different opinions are respected and valued, and the importance of a good work-life balance is recognized.
Interested to apply for this position? Please upload your resumé and recent CV online.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)