Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager 1, procurement
Requisition ID: 1805696902W
J&J Surgical Vision in Groningen is the Center of Excellence for the development of innovative solutions for the surgical ophthalmic market, mainly intraocular lenses (IOLs). The site is responsible for the design and manufacture of these products.
We are looking for a talented Procurement Manager in Groningen.
Analyzes and identifies low cost sources for all identified commodities. Evaluates key components to be targeted for cost reduction and / or
- Reviews and analyzes spend category/subcategory for the assigned business and serves as liaison at category global procurement meetings/activities. Identifies, develops, and implements lowest cost source of supply for each commodity.
- Provides in-depth spend analysis,supplier assessments, financial perspective. Initiatives requests for competitive bids.
- Oversees contract negotiations and monitors contract implementation. Conducts supplier performance reviews. Audits dollars spent to ensure compliance to cost savings initiatives.
- Plans successful innovation initiatives with suppliers. Researches, analyzes and provides benchmark (industry, cost, best practice) information for assigned categories. Develops logistics process design and improvement. Collaborates with designated business units in the administration of the strategic sourcing process, including: supplier selection, contract negotiation, and supplier management for categories that may yield
- significant savings to the enterprise.
- Controls direction for sourcing goods and services. Handles key and preferred supplier relationships.
- Supports suppliers' capabilities to improve the quality, delivery, and reduce the cost of assigned commodity. Facilitates successful innovation
- initiatives with suppliers. Manages projects/new programs when transitioning sources of supply.
We have an experienced team, a challenging work environment and are among the absolute forerunner in the IOL market. As a future colleague, we want you to match within the following criteria:
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience preferably in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry;
- A relevant bachelor’s or master’s degree (technical, life science or related);
- Work experience as a Manager Procurement related to pharma and/or medical devices.
- Self-starter, result driven, able to function independently as well as in a team;
- Able to work towards sound solutions in complex or seemingly conflicting situations; Flexibility and accuracy;
- Good communicative skills, excellent command of the English language and preferably the Dutch language;
- Knowledge of MS Office;
Please send your application including a motivation.
AMO Groningen BV (8358)