Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Supplier Quality
Requisition ID: 1805695921W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Leads a group of Supplier Quality professionals in charge of ensuring that ETHICON Suppliers provide purchased finished goods, direct and indirect materials or services that align with Ethicon, J&J, Global Regulations and industry standards. Using a risk based approach, handles the Purchasing Control Process and leads the Supplier Quality Management and control program for ETHICON.
- Lead a significant, global supplier base consisting of suppliers of Purchased Finished Goods, Direct Materials /components and Indirect Materials & Services that impact the quality of products and/or the Quality System for ETHICON.
- Provide people leadership to a group of Supplier Quality professionals focused on developing people, both technical and people-based skills, and ensuring that those competencies match both the quality and business needs. Promotes diversity. You will be accountable for ensuring goals and objectives are met.
- Holds self and people accountable for results achieved through Credo Values and Leadership Imperatives. Removes barriers to people development. Models and fosters people development. Actively champions and supports people development to expand their capabilities, skills, knowledge and enable movement of talent.
- Drive development of both supplier base and supplier-focused initiatives within the ETHICON Franchise in support of robust, compliant products that continuously meet the needs of patients, customers and business objectives.
- Identify, sponsor and champion Purchasing Control projects and programs ensuring the continuity of product supply as well as applicable Global Regulations and standards.
- Partner with Procurement, Manufacturing and R&D to manage and mitigate supplier risk across the product lifecycle.
- Ensure you make appropriate resource and budget and allocation decisions. Takes a leadership role in engaging key partners to scope projects, resources, budgets and timelines to ensure execution.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to develop and optimize supplier performance working in conjunction with the Enterprise SQM and Procurement Organizations.
- Develop and utilize Leading Indicators to ensure timely identification of risk/business challenges and opportunities. Analyzes quality system trends, identifies issues and seeks appropriate action.
- Leads a portfolio of projects through to support external supply quality systems initiatives. Interacts with stakeholders and sponsors to communicate project status and alignment with business objectives.
- Participates in the external supply selection process to provide quality system expertise.
- Ensures compliance to applicable Global Regulations and standards (e.g QSR, ISO, EN, and Medical Device Directive (MDD) requirements).
- Serves as Purchasing Controls Subject Matter Expert in internal and external audits.
- On behalf of the Director of Supplier Quality represents the company in contract negotiation and Quality Agreements with external manufacturers and suppliers.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level. Escalate patient-safety and compliance risks appropriately.
- Comply with all environmental, safety and occupational health policies. (i.e., ISO14001 & OSHAS18001)
- Responsible for ensuring that peers follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition, if applicable
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- At a minimum, a bachelor’s degree is required in Engineering or Science. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- You should have at least 8 years of experience in a regulated industry like Medical Devices, Pharma and/or Consumer.
- 3 years of experience in Quality Systems, Purchasing Control and/or Supplier Management minimum.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Hands on strategy development and deployment experience preferred.
- General Understanding of regulatory compliance requirements (QSR, MDD, ISO 9001, ISO13485, ISO 14971 and other international standards).
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
- ASQ Certification (CQE, CQA, CQM) desired.
- FPX or PMP trained and certified preferred.
- Six Sigma Black Belt/ Green Belt or Lean certification from a recognized program or PE leadership training preferred.
- Fluent English mandatory; Spanish, Portuguese or German desired.
- You should have a strong business insight. The ability to collaborate with all levels of management in cross-functional team environment is required.
- Travel is approximately 30% of the time and may by extensive at times.
Cilag GmbH International (8525)