Johnson & Johnson Careers
Assoc. Director Chemicals Sourcing EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805695851W
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Europe is a leading supplier of Fast Moving Consumer / OTC Goods. Our products are produced and distributed in all major EMEA countries and exported around the world.
The EMEA Strategic Sourcing team is a group of passionate professionals, dedicated to drive growth and to enable a sustainable competitive advantage in the sourcing of materials for the Global & Regional Supply Chain Networks.
We do this by partnering with our Stakeholders, leveraging our industry expertise, as well as our market and technical knowledge to drive the performance of an agile, sustainable and compliant supply base that enables optimized total costs and provides innovative solutions to fuel growth and market access needs.
In this role, you will be the catalyst to drive complexity reduction, supply base optimization, spend performance and contribute to top-line growth for the regional business with best in class regional sourcing strategies and leading edge supplier relationship building.
This is only possible through having great knowledge of suppliers, their industries, products/ services and being an excellent collaborator with the Supply Chain, R&D, Franchise Management, Quality, Technical Assurance, Legal, Regulatory teams and other project teams.
As EMEA Chemicals Sourcing AD, you will be expected to have comprehensive understanding and knowledge of both J&J external and internal environments.
In addition to this Core Sourcing knowledge you will also be expected to demonstrate key skills of:
- Understanding the complete value chain from origin / base feedstock (Oil / Mineral / Agricultural / Synthetic) to consumer and the position of the category within this value chain
- Strategy Development through effective Business Needs Understanding, Economic, Financial, Industry, Competitor and Supplier Analysis.
- Strategy Implementation through the effective execution of Competitive Bidding events, Strategic Negotiations, Supplier Relationship Management, Leveraging and Legal Contracting.
- Managing Stakeholders in the business, cross-functions and (where appropriate) external.
- Working in a highly matrix organization.
Further Value can be generated by through impacting the End 2 End Value Chains in which we operate, namely by:
- Waste Elimination through Process Excellence - Integrates Six Sigma, Lean, or Design Excellence tools into daily activities.
- Impact on New Product Development – having influence at the design stage of a New Product to ensure up-stream risks (costs, capacity, responsiveness, reliability) are fully identified and managed upfront
- Drive, enable or influence inclusive end-to-end make versus buy analysis & decisions arising as outcomes of sourcing strategies or specific project objectives; to optimize network supply of upstream materials (raw materials / packaging) and / or finished product sourcing; to the best possible outcome for the EMEA Consumer business; Key skills acquired through training or on-the-job experience include sourcing strategies, stakeholder management, financial / cost accounting skills, Total cost of ownership understanding / application, risk management, advanced excel, and presentation skills.
- (When/where assigned) – lead or contribute to operational due diligence programs driving licensing & acquisitions or asset / product divestitures; Operations Due Diligence training will be delivered as planned at least once annually in the region.
People Leadership: Support the EMEA Chemical Source Lead to ---
- Plan and manage resource prioritization against business imperatives
- Support team members on stakeholder management and organization alignment
- Develop the talent in the SSE chemicals team, especially in market knowledge
- Support and coordinate cross functional communication
- Be a contributor to the overall SSE and Procurement EMEA organizational health
- Become expert in the technology and supply industry area by developing in-depth knowledge about Supply Base Industry (capabilities, strengths, weaknesses)
- Become the point of contact in the technology and supply base area for Industry and Supplier intelligence and trends
- Develop, align with Business and execute sourcing strategies for the specific technology area
Cost and Complexity Reduction
- Lead efforts to identify and implement current and pipeline cost and complexity reduction opportunities with Internal Stakeholders and Suppliers
- Develop and Manage the financial Business Plan through forecast of yearly price changes, tracking of Cost Improvement Program
Legal Contract Development and Management
- Negotiate appropriate supply terms and agreements for Raw Materials that best meet the needs and risks posed to J&J
- Manage contracts status to ensure appropriate legal coverage is maintained across the portfolio
Supplier Relationship Management
- Accountable for defining and managing supplier relationship to best meet the needs of commodity strategy
- Accountable for the identification, implementation and tracking of Continuous Improvement initiatives at selected Suppliers
- Accountable for crisis resolution through early escalation and deployment of internal resources
- Education at master degree level or equivalent through experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in Strategic Procurement / Supply Chain / Operations
- Experience working in an international and cross-functional environment is required
- Experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Strategic Sourcing and/or Purchasing is required
- Experience working in the area of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) and/or OTC is very desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Self-starter with high integrity and ethical behavior
- Effective and efficient communication skills
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Analytical Decision Making skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment and customer / supply base
- Cultural sensitivity – previous exposure to cultural diversity
- Knowledge of general manufacturing principles and practices
- Knowledge of new product commercialization processes
- Knowledge of compliance requirements (cGMP, GMP’s, DEA, etc)
- Fluent in English, writing, reading, speaking and listening
Cilag GmbH International (8525)