Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager – NPI - LCM Engineering, APAC
Requisition ID: 1805695606W
In India, Johnson & Johnson operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently managed and report into their respective Global business segments.
Sector Overview: J&J Medical India (JJMI) is the market leader in the Medical Company Devices Industry in India. It is in the business of caring and providing solutions to doctors, patients and nurses. It comprises of multiple Franchises (Strategic business units) providing healthcare solutions across Vision Care, Orthopaedics, Infection Prevention, Wound Management, Women’s health, minimally invasive surgery, Circulatory disease management, and Blood glucose monitoring and insulin delivery.
Franchise / Function Overview: The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
Reports to (Title / Designation): Regional Director- Engineering AP
Role Overview: The primary responsibility of this individual is to serve as Regional NPI/LCM Team Leader, leading cross-functional NPI / LCM teams and associated business processes to enable Business Growth and Life Cycle Management of products within APAC region.
- Provides NPI/LCM Team leadership to assigned portfolio of NPI/LCM projects across Medical Devices within APAC Region. Responsible for developing Project Charter, Change Control strategy, assembling team / needed resources across sites and franchise teams and development/execution of project plan through hand-off to the manufacturing site.
- Gains alignment and manages periodic updates with key cross-functional site, franchise and commercial leaders to ensure successful execution of NPI/LCM Project Portfolio
- Represents Region in Franchise / MD Councils to ensure regional needs are appropriately prioritized and resourced
- Develops and Manages portfolio of business processes and governance to ensure execution of NPI / LCM Project Portfolio - Identifies gaps in existing business processes and drives improvement activities to close them
- Works closely with respective PMO teams for NPI / LCM Project Portfolio Management and Progress Reporting – Communicates progress, resource needs and
- Engages with Commercial business partners in all new business development activities including business case, due diligence and integration. Leads overall integration, or integration activities, where appropriate.
- Builds effective cross-functional team, providing feedback and coaching to team members.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to other Project and Program Leaders. May include direct supervision of Program and Project Managers / Leaders. Follows defined franchise processes & procedures related to both NPI and LCM activities to assure optimal results
- Provide needed initial Product functionality, specifications and design intent knowledge to manufacturing sites and cross-functional partners and escalate / connect with appropriate Franchise SME’s to drive needed resolution
- Be aware of local regulation and provide needed supports during internal and external audits
- Be aware of competitive landscape and be conduct product competitive analysis as needed to support business
- Continue to enhance capability and maturity of Technical Services Team within region through talent development
- BS or MS in Engineering or related field, MBA preferred
- 14 years’ experience required, preferred within a regulated environment
- Minimum 4 years of Project Management experience
- Medical Device/Pharmaceutical/Biologics product development and supply chain experience is preferred.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and project management skills are required.
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams is required.
- Critical Skills include: strategic thinking, big picture orientation with attention to detail, accountability, collaboration and project management/process orientation.
- Six Sigma/Process Excellence and/or PMP certification preferred.
A. Internal Applicants: If you wish to apply, please consider the following information from our Policy:
We require you to have spent at least 18 months in your current position, and in good standing. As our employee, you may apply for a position without informing current manager. However, when invited to interview, then, to the extent that this is consistent with local law or practice, you are required to notify your manager prior to the interview. This notification is reassured to promote development discussions between the managers and our employees.
If you want to refer external talent for this position, please review our Global Referral Policy and submit your referral through My Career Opportunities by following the appropriate process. (Applicable only for Internal postings)
B. External Applicants: Login to careers.jnj.com, search job matching you profile by location, keywords, requisition number.
Johnson & Johnson Private Limited (8080)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt