Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Research Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805694219W
JnJ Surgical Vision is focused on providing the full range of advanced optical technologies and support to help eye care professionals deliver optimal vision and lifestyle experiences to patients of all ages.
AMO Groningen BV is specialized in the development, improvement and manufacturing of state of the art surgical ophthalmic products, mainly intra-ocular lenses. The facility consists of small and integrated Research, Development and Manufacturing teams that have strong track records. Currently we are looking for a talent for the position of:
Tasks and responsibilities
The Senior Scientist is a key addition to the intraocular lens research and development team located in The Netherlands, Europe. He/She will be responsible for R&D activities related to the design and development of intraocular lenses and will support the development of new optical metrology for testing intraocular lenses. Key tasks and responsibilities are:
- Participate in the development of new concepts for unique medical devices from ideation to market phase
- Lead in design and development of new intraocular lenses and new optical metrology for testing intraocular lenses.
- Develop test methods and validation systems to characterize new and existing intraocular lenses.
- Lead requirements development, documentation of design, writing and execution of protocols and reports.
- Participates in leading expert networks
- Builds and maintains relationships with critical partners and notified bodies. Lead expert networks and write grant proposals.
- Stay current with the status of competitive products, with cutting-edge medical device industry and with technology trends to ensure innovative product design. Investigate and evaluate existing technologies.
- Contribute to IP strategy and assess external ideation
- Lead multi-disciplinary research teams and will be responsible for initiating and conducting independent research tasks with European research institutes.
- Work closely within a cross-functional team and with research institutes and R&D groups in USA.
- PhD in optics, physics or vision science
- Preferably 3 or more years of relevant experience
- Proficient in optical design principles, using Zemax, OSLO or other design tools to design and simulate optical systems
- Deep expertise in own areas and subject mater expert for several subjects
- Has good level contacts regarding project and program definition
- Demonstrated research experience and interest in technology development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative, flexible, positive attitude individual with the initiative and drive for timely completion of goals
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
AMO Groningen BV (8358)