Johnson & Johnson Careers
SR. Database Analyst/PROGRAMMER
Requisition ID: 1805693758W
This position is responsible for data programming activities in the Office of Consumer Medical Safety (OCMS). The programmer utilizes SAS, PL/SQL, and other programming languages to support safety data extraction and safety analytics projects for Johnson and Johnson consumer products worldwide. In this role, the data analyst/programmer will work with other programming colleagues to gather and interpret user requirements, extract the required data from the global safety databases, and develop analytical datasets and summaries. The senior data analyst/programmer will complete programming activities (e.g. development, verification, and documentation) of medium to high complexity with minimal guidance. Additionally you will make recommendations that impact the timelines and the quality of deliverables for the project team.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Gather and interpret user requirements, perform data extraction from the global safety databases, and develop analytical datasets and summaries.
- Perform validation activities following departmental SOPs.
- Help build up the departmental analysis system and develop standardized reports.
- Complete programming tasks of medium to high complexity with high quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Maintain documentation as appropriate.
- Identify gaps, suggest solutions, and apply expertise to improve efficiency of programming tasks and/or improve overall quality of programming deliverables.
- Maintain existing databases and help in the preparation for data migration and transition
- Lead the data management in data extraction activities, regular production runs, and departmental initiatives
The Sr Database Analyst/Programmer will report to the Director of Safety Decision Analytics and interface with medical safety officers, safety surveillance physicians/safety scientists, EEA Qualified Person for Pharmacovigilance, data management, medical writers, IT and consultants.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field plus a minimum of 2 years SAS/SQL programming experience.
- Expert knowledge with PL/SQL, particularly table, function, packages; experienced in systems and database in Oracle
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate and collaborate effectively
- Good written, oral, and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience in developing analysis and reporting deliverables for analytics projects (data, analyses, tables) is preferred
- Takes direction effectively and completes tasks at a project level; ability to collaborate with key stakeholders
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn new program techniques and data structures; capacity to seamlessly assimilate to new projects
- Efficiently manipulates large databases including complex data preprocessing, filtering and manipulation; experience with sample strategies for large databases
- Willingness to work in an exploratory environment, handling non-standard data in a variety of formats with minimal requirements
- An interest to advance career by investing in development activities and taking on tasks with increasing levels of challenge and responsibility
- Familiarity with the fields of drug safety, pharmacovigilance and MedDRA coding
- Understanding of and exposure to statistical terminology and concepts
- MS in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering or related field
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ