Johnson & Johnson Careers
[Consumer] - Business Technology Leader
Requisition ID: 1805693663W
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
This individual will be a technology strategist to drive the IT strategy, planning, portfolio & investment management, and provide IT capabilities to enable the greatest business value. The position will be responsible for understanding trends, shaping business demands, connecting both business and IT stakeholders either internal or external to ensure greater leverage of technology and Agile methodologies to deliver IT as a competitive advantage for the future growth aspirations of the business. Along with accountability for executing and delivering these successful as a strategic partner to the business, while working within a matrixed operating model. As this position is a member of business technology lead of North East Asia cluster, strongly tied with other markets in the cluster, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.
Roles and Responsibilities
- A Consumer business unit IT leader as a member of North East Asia IT, as well as a member of business leadership teams including country managing director, sales, marketing, finance, supply chain and technology shared service leaders.
- Connect with the business to identify needs, build a business case, develop IT enabled business capability roadmaps (inclusive of strong portfolio governance by aligning the business demands and direction with that of the enterprise IT capabilities), create an implementation plan, execute and lead business adoption.
- Collaborate with product line owners who are the subject matter experts(SME) in each function: Sales (i.e. Trade Marketing), eCommerce, Data Analytics, Digital, Supply Chain and other IT partners. The individual in this position orchestrates those SME to build IT solutions for business as well as., key improve business capabilities and influence the associated value to the product line as an input to shape the product strategy.
- Define priorities for the business and associated technology investments, actively participate in steering major IT programs to drive successful implementation and the business value realization.
- Deliver IT project with excellence and comply with the IT process and management control standards, worldwide compliance, local regulatory and information security standards.
- Drive significant commercial and functional transformation agenda via new ways of working using Agile, Lean and Design Thinking.
- Accountable for operational IT expense and budget management.
- Accountable for the continuous improvement of the IT operating model.
- Overall end to end ownership for technology services to the business leaders.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required with Computer Science or Information Technology discipline being preferred.
- At least 3 years of managing IT operation and directing a business unit IT.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant business experience and proven experience driving technology strategy for a line of business.
- Deep understanding of business driver and process, experience in creating and evolving business capability roadmap, and ability to relate priorities to associated technology investment.
- Experience in working with senior leaders, interacting across multiple levels of functional teams and working with virtual teams across countries. Able to synthesize leadership and stakeholder inputs into the decision.
- Ability to influence and negotiate: understanding business value and solution needed to maximize IT impact while managing competing stakeholder priorities and ambiguity.
- Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving business problems, excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment, exceptional service orientation, strong negotiating skills.
- Ability to create context around key business drivers and strategic plan, able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Expertise in driving the adoption of IT initiatives.
- Experience in working and partnering with external technology vendors and service providers.
- Strong understanding in budgeting, expense management and operations.
- Project and portfolio management experience in delivering projects from concept through delivery and operations.
- Knowledge of technology and industry trends (e.g., Sales, eCommerce, Data Analytics, Digital, etc.).
- Certifications or knowledge of operational frameworks preferred (e.g., PMBOK, Lean, Design Thinking, SDLC, SOX, GxP, etc.).
- Fluent in writing and speaking English.
- 10% domestic or international travel is tentatively possible.
China-Hong Kong S.A.R.-Mongkok-
Johnson & Johnson (Hong Kong) Ltd. (8060)