Johnson & Johnson Careers
QUALITY BUSINESS UNIT MANAGER
Descripción del Trabajo
Requisition ID: 1805693087W
"Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers"
The Global Job Posting policy promotes the commitment to the advancement and development of our employees. We invite you to read this posting and apply if you are interested in the position and meet the requirements.
Ethicon Endo-Surgery (Planta Independencia) develops and markets advanced medical devices for minimally invasive and open surgical procedures, focusing on procedure-enabling devices for the interventional diagnosis and treatment of conditions in general and bariatric surgery, as well as gastrointestinal health, gynecology and surgical oncology. More information can be found at the new company website www.ethiconendosurgery.com.
Searching the best talent for: BUSINESS UNIT QUALITY MANAGER
This job description covers the knowledge, skills & abilities for the Business Unit Quality Manager position
The Business Unit Quality Manager is responsible for:
· Plans, coordinates and directs quality programs to ensure continuity of quality supply.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· POLICIES: Know and follow EES policies and procedures; ensure that direct reports know and follow EES policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
· TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility and ensure that direct reports are trained in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training and ensure that required periodic re-training takes place for direct reports in areas such as safety and environmental
· SAFETY: Set standards for safe behavior. Recognize and reward safe behavior in others. Ensure that direct reports employ safe practices. Enforce safety policies & procedures. Evaluate
· staff member’s safety performance and ensure that safety is a part of each direct report’s GPMS. Provide resources (time and money) necessary to maintain safety process. Ensure safety structure is in place in form of working committees and department coordinators
· Establishes and maintains objectives, programs, procedures and controls to support the quality policy and mission.
· Ensures that product quality and functionality requirements are met.
· Responsible for compliance with all corporate regulatory, human resource programs, policies, procedures, safety/environmental systems and regulations governed by local and international agencies and authorities..
· Oversee capital related projects and monitor controllable spending for the department.
· Lead or participate in regulatory agency interaction: FDA (Food & Drug Administration), TUV, J&J CQA during audits or other information inquiries.
· Support projects and new product introductions by establishing key checkpoints for new products and processes.
· Provide for associate development by setting standards, managing expectations & coordinating training programs.
· Evaluate and recommend staffing requirements to ensure maximum utilization of personnel to fulfill department objectives.
· Assist with problem solving, decision-making & conflict resolution through coaching & counseling.
· Partner with cross-functional leaders to meet goals and objectives.
· Assure that EES and it’s internal manufacturing facilities, component suppliers & external manufacturers have strong, capable quality systems & are in compliance with government & corporate regulations.
· Lead efforts to increase the proficiency (skills and knowledge) of the organization through attainment of PE, and professional certifications.
· Assist w/Managing the MAP and Management Review process
· Lead Plant/Organizational initiatives driving business performance.
· Ensures compliance with Environmental Management System (EMS) responsibilities.
· Follow J&J and EES Records management Policies for Convenience Information, Records Retention Schedules, Training and Education, Document Hold Notices, Records, Cleanout, Inactive Records and Information Management, Vital Records and third party vendor if applicable.
· Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
EDUCATION / DEGREE REQUIRED:
· B.S. degree in life science or engineering, or equivalent professional experience.
· Generally requires (8-10) years related experience
· CQE (Quality Engineer Certification), CQA (Quality Auditor Certification), CQM (Quality Manager Certification), Certified ISO (International Organization for Standardization) auditor desired.
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bilingual: English / Spanish preferred.
· GMP/ ISO knowledge required.
· Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the J & J Standards of Leadership.
· Knowledge or completion of Process Excellence Six Sigma, Lean, and/or Design Excellence courses or a comparable process for problem solving/ decision making preferred. Green or Black Belt Certification highly desired.
· Demonstrates competence in regulatory, human resource programs, policies, and procedures.
· Supervisory skills
· Personal computer skills, Windows: word processing, project planning, presentation, e-mail and spreadsheet software, database management & desktop publishing.
· Networked environment experience
· 5 years in quality systems management
· Experience in medical device or pharmaceutical industry preferred
· Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone & computer
· Lift up to 30 lbs occasionally
Global Leadership Profile Competencies;
Collaboration and Teaming ~ puts interests of enterprise above own; works well across functions and groups; builds teams effectively; inspires follower ship; instills a global mindset
Results and Performance Driven ~ assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions; willing to make tough calls; consistently delivers results that meet or exceed expectations; demonstrates a track record of people development; champions diversity; net exporter of successful talent
Prudent Risk-taking ~ inner confidence to take risks and learn from experience; courage to grab opportunities or shed non-viable businesses
Sense of Urgency ~ proactively senses and responds to problems and opportunities; works to reduce “cycle” time; takes action when needed.
Organization: EES INDEPENDENCIA
México-Chihuahua-Ciudad Juárez-Durango 2751 Colonia Lote Bravo
E.E.S., S.A. de C.V. Mexico (8283)