Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist - Lab technician (Laborant)
Requisition ID: 1805692927W
... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
area develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. R&D development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
Pharmaceutical Sciences is a department of Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS) - Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD).
The department is responsible for:
• Preformulation and developability assessment of Discovery portfolio leads
• Definition of the drug product development trajectory
• Solid state form selection for the drug substance
• Characterization of Drug Substance and Drug Product
• Particle Characterization
• Material Characterization including excipients
In the Pharmaceutical Sciences department in Beerse, Belgium, there is an immediate temporary opening for a Lab Technician - Associate Scientist
- You design, program and execute experiments and perform the scientific interpretation of the results.
- You provide support for drug product concepts (e.g. nanosuspensions, solid dispersions, solutions) through analytical characterization and high-throughput screening.
- you work with a global group of scientists, accountable for full physicochemical characterization of developmental API, materials, and drug product.
- You participates in the development of new automated workflows and related modeling opportunities.
- You work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers, internally as well as externally.
- Bachelor or Master in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Physics, Engineering or a related science with relevant industrial experience.
- You have knowledge of relevant techniques for physicochemical characterization of active ingredient, materials and drug product (UV-VIS, UPLC or HPLC, IR, PKA,..
- You are a hands-on, creative and independent problem solver.
- You are highly motivated, with excellent interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills
- You are a team player who can work in a matrix organization to accomplish assigned tasks
- Fluent English (both spoken and written) with a willingness to learn the basics of the Dutch language.
What’s in it for you…?
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)