Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Packaging Category Manager
Requisition ID: 1805692917W
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Global Packaging Category Manager to be based in Zug Switzerland.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 125,000+ people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BE VITAL in your Career; be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
The Global Packaging Category Manager is responsible for the development, optimization and sustainability of critical processes and organizational capabilities within the Global Packaging category to enable the delivery of key business results across the Enterprise. He/she will manage strategy & priorities for the global packaging team in alignment with the leadership team for high impact to the overall organization. The scope includes all packaging materials with a spend over $1.5B globally.
- Being an excellent collaborator & influencer with the Global Source teams and Supply Chain organization (External Operations, Planning, Manufacturing, PMO), and R&D, Marketing Leadership, Quality, Technical Services, Legal, Regulatory teams as well as ad hoc project teams people.
- Having strong skills to drive transformational process development & sustainability to achieve results.
- Strong team leadership skills to lead across the organization.
- Inspiring people and being an organizational leader with the ability to win others to engage during a time of significant change and very challenging objectives.
- Manage and track strategy execution & provide resource support to global team to help facilitate prioritization for projects to achieve the results for business imperatives.
- Manage category BP cycles across the enterprise partnering with regional / segment teams and finance.
- Own the category spend profile, taxonomy and key performance metrics
- Lead/facilitate key internal category team forums for productive meetings (on going and adhoc as needed)
- Provide Source leadership & prioritization on category Sustainability agenda
- Lead global enterprise programs (i.e. Libertas, SIP, Quality, Risk, etc,) for the Packaging category
- Influence & ensure all critical Category projects and global reporting expectations in Instantis & Reports are supported.
- Provide Category team leadership to meet all requirements for the major financial cycles
- Partner with finance/cross functional partners and provide source team leadership to ensure all Business Plan requirements are met including standard setting for all packaging materials, BP volumes/spend, CIPs, Net cost change etc.
- Identify, & prioritize key improvement areas with Finance and Cross Functional partners for more effective and efficient processes
- Represent Category among regional PMO teams - Influence for improvements to process.
- Accountable for the Contract Management Process for organization to ensure the appropriate current templates are utilized in support of current & appropriate supply terms and agreements to meet the needs and mitigate risks posed to J&J.
The Packaging Program manager will partner closely with the Packaging Category leadership team – including extended members, Finance, Global Source Centers of Excellence, Enterprise Procurement Operations, Supply Chain, and other cross functional areas.
The Packaging Program manager will be interfacing with levels of management and peers in other functional groups within J&J (cross-sector, cross-region, in company).
- Bachelor’s Degree (Procurement/Supply Chain/Economics/Business/Science/Engineering or related fields).
- Minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Must have experience working in a cross-functional environment.
- Must have strong analytical skills & financial/business acumen aptitude.
- Must have demonstrated leadership, Influencing & collaboration skills
- Advanced degree.
- Experience in Packaging materials
- Strong working knowledge and proven results in Strategic Sourcing/Procurement.
- Experience with program management.
- Experience working/leading global team and working across regions and cultures
Cilag GmbH International (8525)