Johnson & Johnson Careers
TRANSPORT OPERATIONS MANAGER CONSUMER
Requisition ID: 1805692790W
As part of the Customer and Logistics Services EMEA organization and in line with the strategic objective to achieve enterprise-wide alignment and governance processes for transportation, for the EMEA region; the CLS Transportation – EMEA group has been introduced. The CLS Transportation EMEA group is taking up the responsibility for transportation for the 3 sectors within J&J: Consumer, Pharma (Janssen) and Medical Devices.
As part of this team there are 4 pillars:
• Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Relationship Management (SRM)
• Transportation Operations Inbound Freight (COGS)
• Transportation Operations Outbound Freight (SG&A)
He/ She will ensure the designed Transport solutions guarantee execution excellence in the transactional transport, customs, and administrative processes by creating a seamless integration on process-, communication- and interpersonal level between the manufacturing shipping teams, the Country Distribution centers, the network 3 and 4PL’s, the CLS Transport - EMEA team. He/ She will coordinate the resolution of escalations in the transactional transport with the 4PL’s in place.
He/ She takes up the people management responsibilities of the Consumer transport operations team and enables the team members to set and achieve their business and personal development objectives.
- To coordinate transport operations portfolio (and operations team) across EMEA for the consumer sector for Inbound freight, in alignment with and supported by the Transport Op’s Director. This will include all operational processes e.g. monitor capacity management and load utilization through KPIs, exception handling, performance measurement, quality, continuous improvement, assist in and facilitate the process complaints and claims management.
- To be the first contact for the consumer sector in the management of change requests, new product and lane introductions and other sector specific larger supply chain projects; align prioritization and workload distribution with the Transport Op’s director. To take the lead in implementation for the allocated projects and support the other team members for the others.
- To define a continuous improvement strategy for the sector Inbound Freight. To monitor and drive service level improvements and look for the continuous improvement projects with the other team members that will elevate the total performance of the transportation network. To take up a project management role for implementation of transport change and improvement projects in the sector.
- To perform Tactical and Operational follow up of the 3 or 4PL’s used in the consumer sector. To set up a relationship management process between CLS Transportation EMEA’s, the DC’s and the sector supply chain organization.
- To own the budget preparation and control process, including delivery on Cost Improvement targets.
- To ensure maximum quality and minimum disruptions/claims in line with the consumer sector and CLS Transportation EMEA’s sourcing strategy
- To oversee operational incident management and follow up of the transportation complaint handling processes
- To manage the Consumer transport operations team, enabling the members to set and achieve their business and personal development objectives
- University degree in Logistics / supply chain management or equal by experience
- Subject matter expert within the functional area of Transportation and Logistics
- Knowledge of healthcare regulations regarding warehousing, storage, distribution and transport
- Specific knowledge of transport means for health care, both for ambient transport as general cargo
- Customer oriented and has a pro-active attitude.
- Very good communication skills. Ability to partner with and influence others without direct authority; build consensus and look for collaboration with people from different organizations
- Ability to manage complexity and change
- Process oriented mindset (process excellence) and able to manage complexity and change
- Strong project management competencies
- Fluent in English
- This position includes ca 20% travelling
Cilag GmbH International (8525)