Johnson & Johnson Careers
Health Care Compliance Officer - Hong Kong
Requisition ID: 1805692389W
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Leads and drives the Health Care Compliance (HCC) program to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Works closely with the management of each business within Johnson & Johnson Hong Kong. Serves as a strategic business partner for management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
This position reports to the MD Sector Lead Officer, Health Care Compliance, Asia Pacific. This position is located in Hong Kong.
- Senior level experienced Compliance professional with strong compliance background
- Requires strong communication, organisational, analytical and people skills
- Broad business experience and a proven ability to influence business decisions and lead business partners to drive company-wide compliance program
- Capable of making strategic decisions based on the local legal, business and market environment
- Ability to work effectively with both local, regional and global stakeholders
- Ability to take complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved
- Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, or Regulatory
- Proven track record in delivering results, self starter and ability to manage complexity a must
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with company executive leadership to ensure that the HCC program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, policies, or Codes of Conduct by:
- Establishing & chairing the company Compliance Committee, the committee responsible for designing and implementing an effective compliance program and key decision making in each business in Hong Kong
- Translating global strategies into local level, based on appropriate local needs, goals and objectives, taking into account local external regulatory trends and environment
- Acting as a consultant, and where appropriate, or required by the HCBI Guide assure review and approval for Health Care Professional (HCP)/Government Official (GO) oriented activities
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCP’s and GOs consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework and performing business plan reviews
- Providing and coordinating appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on HCC to all covered employees in each business including the senior management of each business in Hong Kong
- Conducting self-assessment and risk assessment processes to detect process gaps & inconsistencies
- Ensuring that a testing & monitoring plan is in place to demonstrate that the HCC program is effective.
- Partnering with Corporate Internal Audit to deliver successful audits
- Leading the establishment of Management Action Plans, and guiding the business partners to close gaps and implement corrective actions
- Managing day-to-day allegations and investigations
- Participating in and leading investigations of non-compliance and implementing the escalation process for serious allegations, as appropriate
- Providing metrics for the HCC Program in each business in Hong Kong
- Additional responsibilities as follows:
- Support the business leaders as strategic partner in compliance matters
- Partnering with the Global/Regional Operations team to:
- Develop and implement business specific policies and SOP’s and customize global/regional policies & procedures and education & training materials to reflect local requirements
- Deploy policies and procedures that align and monitor company activities to ensure compliance with government, private, legal and company HCC standards
- Implement HCC training programs, including new employee orientation, periodic training on specialized subjects, and annual refresher training
- Maintain employee certification and training attendance records
- Ensure external reporting requirements are met per local regulations
- Ensure internal reporting requirements are met per enterprise requirements and schedule
- Interface with legal counsel regarding HCC requirements and interpretation
- Interface with the regional HCC community to share approaches to HCC
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of BA/BS required; MBA or any other advanced degree preferred but not required
- Minimum of 9 to 10 years business and/or compliance-related experience
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and industry standards for Korea.
SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Breadth of experience in all areas of compliance and regulation
- Independent and objective thinker, able to advance ideas and influence others
- Manages conflicts in an open and constructive manner
- Demonstrate strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Deals well with ambiguity
- Excels at developing and maintaining effective partnerships and working relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of organisation based on an understanding of their concerns, needs and motivations.
- Ability to make and stand by difficult decisions
- Strong drive for results and solution orientated
- Fluent in English (reading, writing, verbal)
- High level of integrity with good ethical core values
- Fluent in Cantonese is desired
COMMENTS: This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent(s).
Personal data provided by job applicants will be used for recruitment purpose only.Candidates who are not being invited for interviews within four weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. All applications will be kept for maximum of six months as future reference for similar openings.
China-Hong Kong S.A.R.-Mongkok-
Johnson & Johnson (Hong Kong) Ltd. (8060)
Health Care Compliance