Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Financial Analyst R&D Finance – G3O
Requisition ID: 1805692341W
Janssen Research & Development (JRD) aims to transform patients' lives by discovering and developing innovative solutions to address the most important medical needs of our time.
The Senior Financial Analyst will represent finance in the Global Governmental Grant office (G3O).
G3O is a center of excellence established to help secure and maximize external funding and resource opportunities for Janssen, and to help to ensure consistency and compliance in contracts and grants across the organization.
The scope of this SFA position focuses on external funding opportunities with organizations like BARDA (Biomedical Advanced Research Authority) and NIH (National Institutes of Health), but also European grant programs like IMI (Innovative Medicines Initiatives) and H2020. The SFA should become the subject matter expert within JRD finance for government grants & contracts (requirements for proposals of potential new deals, reporting, audits, etc.). This position will also be involved with submissions and contracts under various other funding programs such as VLAIO (Vlaams Agentschap voor Innovatief Ondernemen, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Cystic Fybrosis Foundation,…
Key responsibilities of the Senior Financial Analyst G3O Finance include:
- Support the end-to-end process for submitting new potential governmental grants and associated contracts
- Ensure full alignment with project teams and finance partners in the JRD Therapeutic Areas with respect to budget updates or new budget proposals
- Co-lead role in shaping processes to optimize structural solutions (system-based) to support reporting and ongoing compliance
- Provide support to standardize different methodologies for various grant programs
- Provide leadership during various audits (internal and external)
- Provide leadership supporting a rapidly growing organization with possible expansions towards other sectors within J&J and also geographical expansion
- People management: the position supervises an internship
- Ad hoc projects
- Connect: Encourage and support internal collaboration across levels, collaboration with Therapeutic Area, support negotiations with external partners on how to execute signed contracts
- Shape: Challenge the status quo and adapt to change, taking advantage of opportunities to have a positive impact
- Lead: Leadership role in submission of new proposals
- Deliver: Act with speed, flexibility, and accountability to achieve goals, manage priorities effectively to deliver expected results
- This position requires a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and proven leadership skills
- Bachelor degree in finance/economics/accounting is required, a master degree is strongly preferred
- A minimum of 4 years finance or related business experience is required.
- Analytical approach to thinking and working
- Able to work independently in a very dynamic, complex and global business environment
- Proactive and result oriented mindset
- Continuously challenge the status quo and provide recommendations for finance and business improvements
- Strong influencing & communication skills; get the message across effectively and respectfully
- Fluency in English (written & oral).
- Skilled at using advanced Microsoft packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- SAP knowledge is an advantage
- The candidate will preferably be based in Beerse. Limited international travel will be required.
If you are interested in the position and match the above criteria, please apply online!
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)