Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead, Business Technology Leader, Clinical Development
Requisition ID: 1805692297W
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an IT Lead, Business Technology Leader (BTL) Clinical Development, a global role with location in Beerse Belgium. This position may require 20% domestic & international travel.
Janssen develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The IT Lead, BTL combines Information and Technology expertise with clinical and pharmaceutical R&D knowledge to help transform the way information and technology are used in the way clinical trials are planned, designed, executed, and reported. Partnering with clinical research scientists on one hand, and IT solution services on the other, this role is accountable for bridging the strategy gap between business leaders and technology solution providers in understanding business requirements, identifying technology options, establishing an overarching innovative technology strategy, and providing business relationship management (face of IT to the business). This team player will be looked upon as bringing functional and technical expertise, with a passionate to improve the science of clinical research. The Lead, BTL for Clinical Development reports to the Senior Director, Business Technology Leader for Clinical Development and Innovation, in R&D Operations Business Technology (BT). S/he will connect with internal business partners and external experts to help shape the demand and resolve how to best support the business through most appropriate use of skills, tools, capabilities, and technology. The position will participate in strategic business planning with Global Clinical Development Operations leaders and will manage business analysis activities and business risk assessments for newly identified technology opportunities. The position holder will partner effectively with the broader J&J Technology organization, including other Business Technology Leaders, Product Line organizations, Enterprise Product lines, Global Technology Services, and enterprise and solutions architects, contributing to solution design, effective integration, and quality service delivery of IT capabilities. S/he will be responsible for project activities focused on establishing scope and project objectives, requirements, project portfolio management, as well as helping to direct and coordinate project resources.
Responsibilities include: Information and Technology Consultancy to Clinical Development Operations business partners. Through ongoing consultation with the business, this role identifies and analyzes business needs, works with department members to ensure scope and requirements are aligned and creates opportunities for innovation in process changes and technology enabled solutions. Contributes to the strategic planning process and long-term direction for IT to help ensure aligned plans between stakeholders. Works independently in formulating creative ideas and solutions on products, processes, and systems, and focuses on creating effective communications. Conducts research into the business requirements, technology options both internally and externally to assemble business cases with clear business benefit and technical roadmap options. Builds and maintains strong partnership with strategic technology providers; Contributes to budget development and plays a key role in ensuring portfolio governance for the area.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
- Brings technology innovation to IT strategies and roadmaps based on Janssen business objectives around clinical trial management and execution, potentially including:
- Clinical trial design and feasibility
- Patient recruitment, engagement & retention in Clinical Studies
- Investigator site selection & engagement in Clinical Studies
- Data collection and analysis, including novel Mobile Health technology in Clinical Studies
- Innovative technologies and their application in Clinical Studies (e.g. AI, Expert Systems, Blockchain, etc.)
- Keep abreast of external environment and evaluate tools and solutions
- Assists in RFI/RFP processes and pilots as appropriate to evaluate relevant tools and capabilities
- Partners in the design, implementation and service delivery of solutions with IT Product Line Owners, helping to ensure quality delivery of Clinical Development Operations projects and initiatives throughout the J&J system development life cycle:
- Consulting with Business Partners to establish requirements
- Collaborates closely with Architecture in the creation of roadmaps
- Helping to define scope and change management between project stakeholders and suppliers
- Responsibility in addressing project and / or service delivery escalations: Connect enabling teams such as the development centers, professional services support center, and other service-based teams, to ensure a positive overall offering delivery experience for customers.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of clinical development SOP’s and WI’s, as well as ensuring compliance with current and future regulations, policies, and standards
- Continued learning: expanding both business acumen, technology expertise, and project leadership
- Knowledge of some aspect of drug development
- A creative and innovative thinker who is equally passionate about understanding business processes / challenges, as well as technology solutions
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated growing understanding of current technology landscape, as it applies to pharmaceutical research and development
- A team player who has demonstrated working in a virtual, global team environment
- A self starter with ability to thrive in a rapidly changing technology and business environment
- Strong interest in pharmaceutical drug development and clinical research, with a passion to learn and expand knowledge of clinical research challenges, processes, and regulations
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of experience in an IT role supporting pharmaceutical development, preferably within a pharmaceutical setting
- An understating of clinical research business process foundations, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing business issues is required.
- Demonstrated accountability for some IT project roles: project requirements, specifications, portfolio management, project or service delivery – with some level of project management experience
- Demonstrated capability for business analysis and user requirements development.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Foundation in methodologies for system design, development, and implementation;
- The ability to work in cross functional teams with multidisciplinary backgrounds is required.
- 20% travel (domestic & international) is required.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Business Relationship Management