Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Director, Oral Care GFO - EMEA
Requisition ID: 1805692184W
The Sr. Director of Marketing Oral Care – EMEA is a key strategic leadership role within the Global Franchise Organization (GFO). This is a pivotal role at the intersection of the global need state strategy and local brand relevance and implementation. This position reports into the President, Global Oral Care & Wound Care Franchise and will be based in Zug, Switzerland.
The Global Oral Care category is a $43B category and J&J is currently a top 5 manufacturer within this space with a leadership position of the Mouth Rinse segment. The portfolio consists of LISTERINE®, our global mega-brand in this mouth rinse segment, and several regional brands. Significant upside exists to continue to drive growth with LISTERINE® through category and geographic expansion.
The Sr. Director will be responsible for serving on the Global Franchise Leadership Team (GFLT) and working with the GFLT to develop the global need state strategies. In addition, this person will lead development of the regional strategic plan in line with the global strategy. Specifically, the Sr. Director will:
- Lead Regional Franchise Leadership Team (RFLT), w/ deep understanding & alignment to Region Strategies, Tactics & KPIs
- Have close partnership with Commercial Leaders
- Gain local insight / market intimacy with focus on the lead markets
- Crystallize regional and local insight to influence global creative process and innovation for the LISTERINE® brand in order to drive relevance
- Responsible for strategic direction of regional brands to ensure a holistic strategy for all markets
- Lead Region project team to implement innovation
- Partner w/ region supply chain / PMO to implement regional initiatives
- Lead project team for formulation development (based on global chassis, respecting regional regulations and supply chain requirements)
- Adapt packaging graphics to region/markets
- Identify regional content needs & Lead content production for specific initiatives via RFLT
- Lead the development and implementation of the growth model for the megabrands and globally stewarded brands within the need state for the region
The Sr. Director will ensure regional and local alignment for all plans including: deployment and adoption of the global playbooks and visual identity for the brands and ensure a strong partnership with the global leaders to ensure regional input is included in global design.
- A BA degree is required.
- Master in business or marketing specialization preferred.
- A minimum of 12 years of progressive experience in setting a vision and executing in a similar integrated brand leadership role within a consumer packaged goods organization, preferably with a breadth of functional and/or industry experience is required.
- Experience marketing in a digital world, (i.e., social media, e-commerce, analytics, on-line) is required.
- Experience working in a global organization and collaborating with regional groups is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of people development and leadership is required
- Experience leading in a matrix environment and cross functional teams is required.
- Experience in successful partnership with R&D organizations to develop innovative products supported by specific and relevant brand messaging is required.
- Proven success in developing strategic agency partnerships to build long term brand health and business is required.
- Demonstrated financial acumen in making effective business decisions is required.
- Experience in providing marketing thought leadership—taking consumer insight and using it to drive thinking and good decisions, is required.
- Demonstrated skill in executing and delivering brand leadership in a similar integrated brand leadership role is required.
- Proven success in working with an agency and drawing upon other external interfaces such as social media and digital marketing to both understand the space and drive effective brand decisions specific and relevant brand messaging is required.
- Proven record in project management (preferably at global/regional level) is required.
- Experience living/working in one market within the region is preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 30% is required
Cilag GmbH International (8525)