Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sourcing Manager, Global APIs /fixed term contract
Requisition ID: 1805690815W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. Johnson & Johnson is currently the most innovative pharmaceutical company in the world.
With Quality as our primary focus, we strive to provide access and affordability through innovation and strong collaboration with R&D and Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need.
The Sourcing Manager, Global APIs will be responsible for managing the relationships of critical strategic API and intermediate suppliers to Johnson & Johnson Companies. This individual will in close collaboration with Partnership & External Supply (PES) identify, develop and direct the relationship, development and implementation of the supplier strategies as outlined by the Category Leads. They will plan and direct activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, service and compliance adherence.
- Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan in close collaboration with PES for specific critical strategic suppliers to meet the strategies set forth by the Category Leads as well as meeting the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value for JNJ
- Interface directly with supplier leadership of critical strategic suppliers to assure alignment of JNJ’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost
- Develop deep supplier relationships with strategic suppliers to include data review and analysis, performance management and development and improvement of end to end value, and bring innovation to the business
- Identify business demand requirements and partners with Category Leads to deliver annual value improvements and drive competitive advantage
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, innovation, and growth commitments
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Pharmaceutical Sciences) is required. An advanced degree (Masters, MBA, PhD, etc.) is preferred
Position requires 6-8 years supply chain experience. Regulated industry experience and procurement experience preferred. Analytical skills required to perform data analyses in support of sourcing strategy development. Negotiation and relationship management experience required. Process excellence training/experience required
Experience with chemical manufacturing or development is required. Broad knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry, including in depth operating knowledge of the processes and functions involved in API development and commercial manufacturing of chemicals or APIs is preferred. Interest in contract manufacturing activities and creating working relationship with partners is required
Ability to accomplish projects at partners/contractors through interpersonal skills, leadership style and broad operational expertise is required. Demonstrated project management and leadership experience in managing cross functional/cross company projects is required. Ability to foster team productivity and cohesiveness and to work collaboratively in a complex, multi-company and multicultural environment is required. Demonstrated ability to make difficult decisions in a timely fashion is required. Planning and organizational skills are required. Great presentation and communication skills are required
If you are a creative and innovative mind passionate about one or more of our industries and want to become part of a successful and growing organization, then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.)
Primary Location: Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland-Zug
Other Locations: North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Cilag GmbH International (8525)