Johnson & Johnson Careers
Emerging Technology- Product Line Leader
Requisition ID: 1805690623W
IT Manager - Product Owner - SC Business Technology –
Enterprise Product Line: Make Global – Limerick / Ireland
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies UK & Ireland, a division of Johnson & Johnson Medical Limited, is committed to transforming the world's vision. We strive to increase awareness of the importance of vision and vision care and to provide the world's best vision correction choices.
An exciting new opportunity as a Technology Manager – Product Owner has become available responsible for delivering emerging process technology such as 3D printing, AIVs and Robotics/Robots for the Manufacturing for the Future Product Line.
The Product Owner will partner with various engineering groups to define and integrate new technologies including supporting and executing Test & Learns in the mentioned areas as well as conducting Pilots or Proof of concepts for MFF software and hardware solutions.
Product Owner owns the technology product and drives product vision and priorities:
- Responsible for vision, road-map, and priorities of improvements to a product's (applications), platforms, or solutions
- Responsible for training BTL’s and Business partner’s on how to use/deploy product
- Accountable for current product line quality-performance and communication of production issues to Business Technology Leaders.
- Responsible for Cost-to-Deliver, Product E2E Life-Cycle, and Total Cost of Ownership
- Results delivery through a direct and indirect cross-functional team of 5-10 internal and contract staff; management of vendors; and management of costs typically of $2-5MM annually.
- Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Helps carve out the product vision (40% of Total Time Spent)
- Collaborates with cross-functional team to define product requirements
- Prioritizes product demand & backlog – understands economic models to manage prioritization and applies systems thinking
- Generates key user insights
- Develops hypothesis on solutions
- Drives product line vision
- Supports definition of success criteria for products
- Drives the team and ensures that all are working towards a common goal, ultimately delivering value (30%)
- Sprint Planning: Elaborates on stories
- Sprint Review: Approves new stories and adds regular feedback, includes business/stakeholders in product reviews to gain direct feedback
- Understands and defines (or helps define) scope for MVP
- Defines acceptance criteria
- Actively participates on Scrum rites
- Participates in retrospectives
- Monitors sprint metrics, release metrics, and usability test results
- Prioritizes functionality for release
- Manages project (oversight), scope and issue resolution (20%)
- Partner with project manager, scrum master, business process owner to drive alignment on goals and objectives.
- Working closely with all partners to ensure that deployed solutions are efficient, effective and support the business process goals and objectives across the enterprise.
- Ensures completion of process and system documentation.
- Ensures communication of progress and status.
- Continuously thinks of the product (10%)
- Ensures adoption: Ensures that the next iteration is what the users need
- Monitors usage: Keeps a close eye on usage and determines next steps
- Conducts surveys and feedback sessions to remain close to users
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of software development and testing methodologies (SDLC)
- Experience working in projects utilizing Agile methodology
- Experience managing product backlog in JIRA
- Experience with rRDM for assessment and prioritization of user stories
- Experience with Project Management, Software Testing, Implementation and Change Management
- Experience working within a regulated (GxP) environment
- Knowledge in Supply Chain processes
- Track record of program delivery of Supply Chain projects
- Experience leading global, multi-location teams
- Specific Make product (application), platform, or solution knowledge
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with SDLC methodology and validation in support of GxP applications
- Committed to delivering business value through Information Technology
- Ability to influence vendors and partners through strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Process improvement orientated with a deep understanding of development methodologies.
- Understanding and experience across multiple Make product areas
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, ability to motivate in a team focused, collaborative environment, strong service orientation.
- Ability to communicate and socialize current knowledge of industry and business process trends
- Understanding of product planning and execution, knowledge of healthcare, business theory, and budgeting
- Able to understand context around key business drivers and strategic plans, able to present ideas in business-friendly language.
- Supervisory/People Management experience preferred
- Experience of planning and running operational budgets
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)