Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805690597W
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention, one of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, is dedicated to bringing meaningful innovation to global health. Our teams focus on the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of vaccines and antibodies to protect people worldwide from infectious diseases.
In our organization, entrepreneurial people are working in a dynamic culture in which innovation and a 'can do' state of mind are the central points. In order to strengthen our team, we are continuously looking for enthusiastic, talented people who have the ambition to develop themselves and can be of value to Janssen. The offices of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention are located in Leiden.
The Bacterial Vaccines department (BacVac) at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis), urinary tract and nosocomial infections. Projects at BacVac are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental, academic, and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. This working process includes ‘state of the art’ vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are established and optimized, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies. For one of our discovery projects we are looking for a motivated project leader to strengthen our team.
Janssen’s Bacterial Vaccines department (BacVac) is recruiting a qualified scientist, to provide leadership to a cross-functional project team. You lead the execution of the project strategy for a discovery project with the aim to develop a vaccine against a bacterial pathogen. During his/her work, the project leader will be expected to work in coordination with scientists and process engineers within BacVac, with various Janssen support departments, and with external partners and contract organizations.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Overall management of a discovery project according to planned timelines and allocated FTE and / or resources for outsourced tasks
- Ensure that approved project plans are managed for optimal integration of timing, scope and resources
- Completion of milestones, deliverables and achievement of desired results
- Partner with cross functional leads and team members to determine which targets and deliverables are needed to achieve project goals/milestone
- Partner with cross functional leads and team members to set and align goals, objectives, deliverables, timelines and priorities within project team and sub-teams
- Hold team members accountable for their agreed deliverables
- Facilitate, chair and document project team meetings
- Facilitate issue identification, and resolution, contingency planning and decision-making processes
- Work with planner to prepare project plans and guard project critical path
- Work with finance, planner and functional leads to prepare budget updates
- Work within agreed budget
- Partner with functional leads to determine risks and implement /maintain risk mitigation and contingency plans
- Prepare status reports including monthly report and milestone map
- Stay up to date with knowledge relevant to the project
- Ph.D., or equivalent in Life Sciences
- At least two years of relevant industry/business experience in the field of (bacterial) vaccine development.
- At least 1 -2 years of experience working as project manager.
- Problem solver
- Strong leader
- Team player
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Knowledge of scientific literature (including patents), with emphasis on bacterial vaccines.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)