Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Metrology Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805690582W
DePuy Synthes are now recruiting for a Senior Metrology Engineer to join the Quality team this opportunity will report into the QA Manufacturing Team Leader.
To provide support for the inspection strategy associated with all metrology equipment.
All Disciplines within the Manufacturing Facility.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interprets drawings featuring Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5 to identify product inspection requirements.
• Writes and edits programs utilized in manufacturing PC-DMIS, COSMO & CALYPSO, etc
• Serves as technical expert for metrology inspection.
• Facilitates, encourage and coordinate continuous improvement with respect to inspection activities.
• Set-up data collection parameters for inspection measurements where required.
• Installation of inspection assets as to follow local validation lifecycle.
• Develops inspection strategies to meet business needs.
• Development of new inspection techniques as required.
• Development of standard platforms where applicable (vision systems, contact/non contact inspection systems.
• Develop method of “gauge” evaluation to consider, calibration frequencies, gauge life, fit for purpose, etc.
• Generates the inspection report per the customer requirements.
• Performs 1st Article inspection of newly developed product.
• Site lead on development of inspection fixturing to ensure minimum measurement error during inspection.
• Inspect complex machined fixtures, and parts using advanced measuring and layout instruments and equipment.
• Participates in design reviews on cross-functional teams to ensure that conformance to specifications, inspect ability, reliability, and quality system objectives are met.
• Assist engineers with qualification and validation of new or changed tooling or parts.
• Prepare detailed inspection documentation such as written descriptions of inspection results including deviations from engineering specifications.
• Work from written or verbal instructions, detailed engineering drawings, and 3D models.
• Writing of work instructions for inspection techniques relating to standard platforms for associates.
• Development of validation approach in conjunction with QA for all inspection platforms.
• Training of QA/Manufacturing personnel to execute measurement method/equipment.
• Process Excellence – Continuous Process Improvement
• Inspection of products.
TO ADHERE TO THE COMPANY’S PROCEDURES AS DETAILED IN THE COMPANY’S STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• High Attention to Detail
• Pro-active approach to Work
• High Standards
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Analytical Skills
• Team Player
• High level of Numeracy
• Computer Literate
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Proficient in writing and editing CMM programs (PC-DMIS/COSMO/CALYPSO)
- Third Level Degree in Engineering/Science
• Proficient in set-up and operation of inspection equipment
• Proficient in metrology methods/technology
• Proficient in reading/interpreting engineering drawings and the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5
• Proficient in mathematical applications- Algebra, Geometry, & Trigonometry
• Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel.
• Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
• Knowledge of mechanical inspection methods and tools used to determine product acceptance
• Ability to investigate and learn new technologies within metrology
• Certificate / Diploma / Degree in Quality / Manufacturing / Engineering
• Minimum 3 years in CMM programming PC-DMIS/COSMOS/CALYPSO programming experience desirable.
• Experience of laser scanning techniques and other inspection technologies.
• Knowledge of 21 CFR 820, 21 CFR 11 and European regulations associated with the medical device industry
• High understanding of GMP
• Working knowledge of Quality Systems (FDA/ISO) within a regulated environment.
• Familiarity with statistical analysis software.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)