Johnson & Johnson Careers
Pre-clinical Research Intern H/F
Requisition ID: 1805690283W
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover over $91 billion annually.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France is a leading company in the cosmetic field with renowned brands such as RoC, Neutrogena, and Le Petit Marseillais. We are seeking a pre-clinical Research Intern to join our European Consumer R&D center in Normandie.
Pre-clinical Research Intern M/F
The internship is six months and based in Val-de-Reuil (Eure, Normandie), between Rouen and Paris. The Intern must be able to begin the position between January and April 2019.
The pre-clinical Research intern will be part of the Emerging Science and Innovation team and will be responsible of designing, developing and implementing predictive in vitro models for the evaluation and characterization of natural or emerging technologies for consumer applications.
- To design and execute in vitro experiments for scientific/emerging science projects across all need states
- To generate, analyze and synthesize the results, write reports and prepare presentations
- To perform in-depth research, including a review of literature
- To participate to the general organization of the lab: orders, maintenance of equipments, to ensure compliance with internal quality/safety Standard Operating Procedures, including Healthcare Compliance policies as well as the highest standards of laboratory best practices.
- The applicant should be enrolled in or have completed a Master program (M1/M2) or Engineering school in the Life Sciences, Human Biology, Biotechnologies or a related field.
- Al least 6 month of previous internship experience in a research lab (public or industry) is preferred
- Good comprehension of human biology and health, knowledge of skin physiopathology and a good comprehension of translational approaches (in vitro / ex vivo/in vivo) would be highly desired.
- Experience with cell culture, skin explants, microscopy, immunohistochemistry, biochemistry ELISA / protein assays, Luminex and molecular biology techniques would be appreciated.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Additional skills that are desirable:
- Ability to lead projects; acquire, analyze, interpret, and organize data; write and document research experiments and protocols; and
- Experience in working within a collaborative team across different disciplines as well as the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
It is preferred that the candidate be a self-motivated, creative strategic thinker with excellent communication, leadership and technical/scientific problem-solving skills.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)