Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sales Development Manager
Requisition ID: 1805689726W
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover in excess of $91 Billion.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of innovative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are recruiting a Sales Development Manager for our Ethicon business covering South East England.
- Drive divisional sales growth across the product portfolio in targeted competitor accounts/BU as agreed with Sales Management
- Develop Account Acquisition Plans with the Regional Sales Managers and Sales Consultants for all target accounts
- Co-ordinates and drives the execution of the Acquisition Plans with the UK Sales Team, Regional and UK Marketing teams and other relevant functional areas
- Leads the implementation plan for the acquired target accounts and co-ordinates the activity across the organisation
- Continually develops a pipeline of potential target accounts with Sales Management
- Work with Sales Development Managers within the business and within other businesses within J&J for National Account Targets as defined by the Leadership Team
- Effectively partner with the sales management, sales consultants and marketing team, to ensure we harness the full extent of our company resources and deliver more than our competitors
- Build strong networks of relationships that enable the identification of mutually beneficial opportunities to ensure growth
- Present brand value propositions and value-added customer solutions to positively influence buying behaviours
- Understand technical information pertinent to the procedure and product platform
- Maintain up-to-date market and industry knowledge
Key areas of responsibility:
- Sales growth responsibility in targeted accounts as defined by sales management
- Engage and lead in commercial discussions with hospital procurement and business management teams
- Develop/ manage strong relationships with national key customers and opinion leaders
- Conducts business activities in compliance with ethics and legal requirements
Skills and competencies required:
- Successful sales targets achieved in the last 6 years in Medical Devices, J&J and/or equivalent external organization
- Demonstrated repeated success in converting significant competitor business
- Minimum score of “Fully Meets” for 2018 Leadership Goal
- Ability to analyse marketplace in order to ensure focus on and acquisition of new business.
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to effectively plan
- Excellent communication skills –written, spoken and presentation ability
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Influencing and business partnering skills – understands stakeholders requirements, ability to analyse requirements and develop strategies that drives the adoption of technologies and become a trusted business advisor providing solutions
- Ability to build trust with customers by asking probing questions that helps the customer achieve their objectives, acting in a consultative manner
- Effectively utilise the Company’s selling tools (Integrity Selling) and customer relationship management system
- Continual learning utilising the internal systems
- Maintain deep clinical expertise in procedure and product knowledge
- Networking – proactive in business situations; expands network continually; comfortable in meeting new people and stimulating conversation
- Collaborating and teaming – team player, actively engages and collaborates across functional boundaries
- Drive and tenacity and a strong winning spirit
- Information Technology skills
Education & Experience Required:
- Understanding of the external secondary care environment.
- Proven successful track record in selling, ideally within the Medical Devices sector.
- Degree desirable.
- ABPI (where appropriate)
Key Compliance Requirements:
- Act as a role model for J&J Credo values at all times. Demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility.
- Maintain thorough familiarity with your detailed personal Health & Safety responsibilities as described in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- Adherence to UK Safe Fleet Policy
- Adherence to Healthcare Compliance Policies
- Adherence to all Company policies and necessary training and development requirements within required time frames
- Ensure compliance to the Company’s product complaint process
- Willingness to travel, and attend meetings as required
In order to achieve our set goals & targets, we must all lead using our Leadership Imperatives and achieve our Leadership Performance Standards:
LIVE OUR CREDO: Demonstrate and inspire the behaviours that reinforce Our Credo.
CONNECT: Collaborate internally and externally in order to develop insights to drive innovation
SHAPE: Driving meaningful innovation through our insights to meet unmet needs and generate value and solutions for our customers. In order to do this we must be bold and courageous in challenging the status quo and adapting to change.
LEAD: Everyone is a leader and is accountable for their own development and that of others. We must leverage diversity and ensure we have open and constructive conversations.
DELIVER: Is “HOW” we accomplish our business results. We must focus on our ability to inspire and mobilize people; empowering them to act boldly with speed and agility, to do even more than they thought they could.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)