Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805689714W
Role: Maintenance Technician x 5
Location: Ringaskiddy Cork, Ireland
Reports to: maintenance/Process Lead
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC established its operation in Ringaskiddy in 2005 on a 100 acre site with an investment of €500 million. For more than 25 years we have been a global leader in the field of biomedicines, in particular pioneering monoclonal antibody technology a cutting-edge approach to producing medicines that launched a new generation of products to treat immune related diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and plaque psoriasis.
The facility in Ringaskiddy is operational producing biomedicines for both the treatment of immune related diseases and new and innovative cancer treatments.
In 2017, Janssen Sciences Ireland UC announced that it is to invest more than €300 million in the expansion of its manufacturing plant that will create more than 200 new jobs.
Reporting to the Maintenance or Process Lead, the Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the hands-on maintenance and calibration of manufacturing equipment and the hands-on operation, maintenance and calibration of utility and facility equipment. Working closely with the maintenance team, the maintenance technicians will form part of the overall site goal of maximizing asset performance.
What you’re great at:
As a Maintenance Technician, your typical day may include:
• Responsible and accountable for the safe accomplishment of all activities within the maintenance team, whilst following all statutory, environmental, regulatory (cGMP), corporate site and team practices and procedures.
• Reporting any EHS incidents and/or near misses.
• Ensuring that housekeeping standards in the entire facility are maintained to a very high standard.
• Electrical/Mechanical Isolation of equipment to ensure equipment is safe to work on.
• Work in accordance with Individual Contributor standards of the 10 Global Leadership Profile Competencies.
• (With all members of their team) taking shift priorities and develop a work plan.
• Divide work evenly and efficiently between team members including external activities of team e.g. EHS Process Team work.
• As a team member, ensure the team is accountable for its performance, highlight achievements and gives feedback to team members who are not meeting the required standard.
• Track , address and report issues.
• Take ownership of kaizen, error proofing etc projects – initiate, complete and doc – team will take on improvement projects as routine work.
• Be points of contact as delegated by the facilitator:
• Equipment handover/permitting etc.
• QC/Sample management
• SAP SME
• IT – Issue reporting/ Change requests etc
• EHS issues / program (EHS Process Team member)
• Other activities to be transition to team members:
• Compliance wire data entry
• Training as a result of GETS/CAPA
• Incident reporting
• Preparation and giving of training material for new technicians cross training, SME training (e.g. EHS modules)
• Providing 24 hour, 7 day on-site maintenance and utilities cover (including all bank holidays), as required.
• Providing on-call cover as required.
• Carrying out all routine and non-routine tasks delegated by manufacturing and maintenance management (Team Leads, Planner, Engineers, Manager) according to appropriate procedures and standards.
• Repairing equipment malfunctions (mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, automation, civil).
• Executing site preventive maintenance routines.
• Assisting in construction, commissioning and qualification of equipment.
• Developing maintenance procedures and equipment files. Assisting with generation, review and revision of maintenance documentation as necessary.
• Selecting of appropriate spare parts to ensure maximum availability of equipment.
• Operating all site utilities and facilities equipment safely and efficiently, whilst maximizing uptime.
• Collecting and analysing equipment data to report on equipment performance.
• Assisting with rolling shutdown preparation and execution.
• Assisting Engineering in executing projects.
• Managing maintenance contracts and working with/supporting contractors.
• Training other staff in team procedures and techniques, as required.
• Assisting in maintenance stores operations, as required.
• Assisting in other team operations, as required.
Planning and Control
• Planning and scheduling work as required.
• Executing the maintenance plan.
• Preparing and maintaining all calibration documentation (Instrument lists, calibration procedures, equipment files, calibration certificates, etc.) in compliance with cGMP (FDA and IMB) regulatory requirements.
• Calibration of instrumentation.
• Operating all site utilities to required cGMP standards (USP, EU, etc.).
• Maintaining all equipment to cGMP standards.
• Maintaining timely, consistent and precise records of all maintenance work done on the CMMS – SAP.
• Completing all documentation in compliance with site procedures and GDP.
• Reporting non conformances and deviations promptly to the management to ensure compliance with EHS and GMP requirements.
• Ensuring that personal training requirements are completed in compliance with site procedures.
• Supporting investigation and resolution of problems.
• Familiarization with and adoption of ME2 and maintenance best practices at all times.
• Traveling to other Centocor, GBSC and J&J sites for training/meetings/projects as required.
• Undertaking training to keep skills up to date.
To be part of this high performing team you will have great attention to detail, alongside:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Trades qualified, or have a Diploma or higher award in Instrumentation and Physics.
• Scientific or technical qualification in either mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & controls, utilities engineering.
• Maintenance experience within a GMP regulated environment.
• Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience of Delta V, PLC and SCADA systems
• Experience of SAP.
KEY INDIVIDUAL LEADER COMPETENCIES:
• Report to Maintenance Lead/or Process Lead .
• Accountable to Maintenance Planner, Engineers, Maintenance Specialist, Utilities Facilitator, Engineering Leader, Shift Facilitator as required.
• Be familiar with daily activities in all areas of Maintenance.
• Facilitate an environment of continuous improvement.
• Participate in investigations in work area as necessary.
• Participate in Cross-Functional teams as necessary to support site goals.
• Support training of other technicians.
• Collaboration and teamwork.
• Initiative and motivation.
• Share ideas and suggestions for improvement and encourage others to do the same.
• Demonstrate Credo value of integrity.
• Work as a strategic partner with all other teams within the company.
What we’re about:
We are passionate about our work, and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines, and care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we’re each:
Committed to caring
Responsible to our communities
Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
Rare in our background and experiences
The drivers of our own success
Passionate about doing what’s right
Make a unique mark in your career
If you want to be seen for the talent you bring to your work, be the driver of your own career, and work with others who share your real passion for caring and success, then we invite you to join the Johnson & Johnson Talent Community by visiting www.careers.jnj.comIf you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson Medical, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)