Johnson & Johnson Careers
EMEA Marketing Manager Knees
Leeds, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1805689454W
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover in excess of $91 Billion.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of creative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, J&J Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are recruiting a EMEA Marketing Manager for our DePuy Synthes business based in EMEA, at a J&J Medical Devices Site, preferably Leeds or Pinewood UK or Zuchwill Switzerland.
We are seeking an EMEA Marketing Manager to join the Knee EMEA Marketing Team. The Marketing Manager is an integral part of the EMEA team and will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and tactical execution for key aspects of the marketing strategy across the entire region. The Knee segment has been identified as a Strategic Growth Platform within Medical Devices
- Long term strategic planning of the Knee portfolio across EMEA. You will need to influence and anticipate, market by market with particular focus on G5 countries, the commercial impact of launching a new knee system including the impact on the existing knee portfolio.
- Lead a cross-regional and cross functional Attune/Knee Commercialisation team.
- Through Launch Excellence launch new solutions within the Knee Platform.
- Lead the detailed planning and regulatory aspects of products throughout the product lifecycle.
- Build close and collaborative relationships with sales, marketing and Business leaders across the region to support growth agenda.
- Liaise closely with sales training and Prof Ed functions to ensure that both surgeons and sales people are certified and properly qualified to both sell and implant our knee devices.
- Become the EMEA regional authority on all aspects of knee including technical, commercial, strategic and promotional/positioning aspects.
- Ensure that EMEA marketing and sales forces are adequately trained to engage with non-clinical stakeholders.
- Build clear messaging that differentiates our offering and resonates with our audiences.
- Deliver full promotional mix and keep high level of communication with the EMEA country Team.
- Work with other parts of DePuy Synthes and Johnson & Johnson to adopt and develop Marketing Best Practice
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Desirable - knowledge of knee replacement surgery and knee prosthesis design ideally acquired fulfilling an orthopaedic sales or marketing function.
- Previous experience in leading and managing multi-disciplinary/ multi-country teams consisting of high calibre and often senior employees. Ability to lead, persuade and inspire, leading by example
- Desirable a track record of having lead successful multi-market medical device product launches.
- The credibility and gravitas to pitch the full Attune value proposition to a variety of internal and external partners in markets across EMEA.
- Finely tuned commercial acumen coupled with experience of planning the long term mix split of a diverse product portfolio in order to drive market share and maximise operational profitability.
- Consistent track record in developing and executing marketing plans
- Ability to work within a highly international environment / in virtual teams (across different locations) / in a matrix organization
- Shown ability to build effective relationships and influence people at all levels in the organisation
- Fluent English is a requirement; additional language ability advantageous.
- The MM can be expected to work longer hours at times and even occasionally at weekends
- An estimated 50% travel, mainly Europe
- Based from the EMEA DePuy Synthes offices in Leeds
- EMEA marketing teams, WW business groups, Demand and Supply Chain, Business Intelligence, Communication, Finance, Medical Affairs, Clinical, HEMA
- EMEA country Sales and Marketing Teams
- Agencies and external customers
As an EMEA Marketing Manager, you will:
Think strategically for the medium term but act tactically with urgency in the short term. You will also tackle issues creatively and deliver results within sometimes challenging timeframes.
You will be a self-starter and able to work in a multi-functional environment.
You will build relationships with multiple partners across all the business functions. You will also be able to manage through influence and use persuasion to get the desired results. They will have excellent communication skills and be to communicate clearly and confidently with senior management and HCPs. Fluent in English is a prerequisite but German and or Italian would also be an asset to this opportunity.
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)