Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager - Cleaning and Surface Finishing
Requisition ID: 1805689079W
DePuy Synthes are now recruiting for a Senior Manager - Cleaning and Surface Finishing, to join the Materials & Surface Technology Team, this opportunity will report into the Operations Materials & Surface Technology Leader – DePuy Synthes.
The role is responsible for leading and directing all Engineering activities across GO/Franchise for Materials Cleaning and Surface Technology development, optimization, technical transformation (internally or externally on vendor sites) to meet the strategic objectives of the business. The role will work in close partnership with the Engineering in Joints, DACH and the US to ensure that all projects in the Materials, executed to exceed business metrics. This role will be a strategic position in determining the future state of Cleaning and Surface Technology processes across GO to ensure that a high quality, consistent supply of parts at the most efficient price, that enables growth for the business is attained. The role will be expected to have a long terms strategic vision for the business and be accountable for transforming the company performance in the Cleaning and Surface Technology space. Particular focus will be on Cleaning, Passivation, Adonization, Electro polishing, support for GO, with particular emphasis on 3D Printing Processes.
Engineering Directors, Plant Managers, Procurement Directors, Supplier Quality Directors, R&D
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Materials Engineering (Deliver)
- Responsibility for managing the function of Cleaning and Surface Technology Team and all dedicated staff.
- Management for Cleaning Virtual Team and Surface Technology Virtual Teams
- Facilitate global innovation, leverage and standardisation in the Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology space across GO to ensure all metrics in the areas of Quality, Service, Growth and Cost are met or exceeded.
- Build Strategic roadmaps for Cleaning and Surface Technology Transformation for the Global business, in the space of Cleaning, Passivation, Adonization and Electro polishing for Joints, DACH and US.
- Build Pipeline of Technical Projects in the Cleaning and Surface Technology Space to ensure 40% COGS target is met for the business across GO
- Ensure Technical Projects to deliver the CIP projects in the Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology space are executed in accordance with plans on a year by year basis (in line with yearly targets of 7.5%)
- Develop and execute Technical Standardisation Strategies in the Cleaning and Surface Technology across GO to ensure the highest standard of quality and compliance is achieved in these Special Process Areas
- Collaborate with Materials Development groups to ensure that Front End Technologies are being executed to plan to ensure that they are implemented in the correct timeframes on the sites
- Integrate Cleaning and Surface Technology Strategies into NPI Design for Manufacturing Programs e.g. 3D, MIM
- Develop and maintain a formal structure to manage Engineering-led projects from concept through to manufacturing, ensuring associates are rewarded and recognised for their work done on specific projects and providing guidance where necessary / appropriate.
- Keep up to date with latest thinking in terms of technologies and continue to develop knowledge of business by visiting machinery and equipment exhibitions, suppliers, seminars, etc.
- Maintain compliance to all QA / Regulatory / Corporate / SOX requirements and follow-up with internal and external audit findings.
- Ensure the Engineering functions conform to Corporate, Franchise, Statutory, Legislative and Regulatory requirements for GMP, HSE and Quality.
- Manage function expenses, variable costs and plant capital to budget.
Organisation & Talent Development (Shape)
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic imperatives / objectives.
- Develop, expand and integrate Virtual Teams into the Base Business execution
- Empower, manage and lead Virtual Teams (Cleaning, Surface Technology) to ensure compliance to business and technical metrics
- Provide Leadership mentoring to Virtual Team Leaders to enable them to be successful in a highly matrixed, and cross functional environment
- Develop and lead world-class Cleaning and Surface Technology functions through the Base Business Engineering Groups
- Facilitate Excellence in Execution across the Materials Development Function
- Manage, develop and lead departmental staff in a manner that will facilitate employee development, identifying training needs, stretch assignments and opportunities for development.
- Create and maintain an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on quality, cost reduction, process development and supply.
Collaboration & Teaming (Shape, Connect)
- Develop strong collaborative and functional partnerships with Procurement, Regulatory, Product Development, Base Engineering, Supplier Quality, R&D, and Quality Engineering across GO
- Take responsibility for the development and functional delivery of strategies in the Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology space that enable growth within MAKE. (e.g. Engineering Excellence Programs)
- Develop and implement a Business model where Engineering, R&D can further leverage the FERD model to effectively drive growth and change required in the Materials, Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology space.
- Manage the Cleaning and Surface Technology Engineers responsible for the Technology projects to ensure effective execution in line with Business Metrics across GO
- Steer collaboration with external and internal business partners to overcome blockages and facilitate integration in this highly matrixed function
- Present on the performance and delivery of this Function to the senior VP’s across Joints, DACH, and the US in terms of performance and delivery to metrics
- Ensure Technical Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology Strategies are integrated into the GO Manufacturing imperatives
- Develop and embed Technology Roadmaps across the Business from a Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology perspective
- Build and deliver Strategic Business Cases in the space of Surface Technology to Senior Stakeholders within the Business (e.g. Plasma Cleaning, 3D E2E Technologies)
- Execute on Strategic imperatives in the Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology space that deliver significant benefits to the business in line with the 2020 Vision
- Play a Leadership role in the expansion and adoption of the Engineering Excellence Program across GO
- Take a leadership role in the execution of Standardisation practices and processes in the Raw Materials space for GO
All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
ADHERE TO THE COMPANY’S PROCEDURES AND POLICIES DETAILED IN THE EMPLOYEE HANDBOOK
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Sense of Urgency
- Big Picture Orientation
- Strategic Thinking
- Leadership & Vision
- Effective Communicator
- People Manager
- Problem Solving Ability
- Judgement & Tact
- Intellectual Curiosity
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 8 – 10 years manufacturing management experience in a senior Operations / Engineering Management role within a multinational
- Extensive experience in the Materials Development area of Medical Devices
- Technical expert in core Materials, Cleaning and Surface Technology Processes within Medical Devices
- Excellent People Management Skills
- Excellent Project Implementation Skills
- Experience working in a highly Global Matrixed Environment
- Advanced Degree, Masters or Ph.D. in Science and / or Engineering
- Previous experience within the Healthcare/Medical Devices Sector.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES.
DePuy Synthes are an equal opportunities employer
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)