Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Software Engineer
Requisition ID: 1805688637W
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Manager Software Engineering in the JJTS EMEA Solution Architecture and Software Engineering team.
This position will be part of a forward-looking, innovative, and delivery minded team of software professionals that build platforms and applications for our Commercial lines of business, enabling the future of healthcare in the Digital World. The position is a leadership role responsible for leading our EMEA Software Engineering team creating digital software and healthcare technology solutions used by consumers, patients, professionals and health-care providers, for J&J’s healthcare product lines and therapeutic areas.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life of patients and their loved ones.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion, J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The selected individual will act as a Senior Engineer leading a team of software engineers with different levels of expertise, that are in charge of designing and developing solutions for consumers, patients, professionals, and healthcare providers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Building, coaching and managing a team of engineers implementing a portfolio of solutions across a broad set of business areas.
- Resource planning, management, and reporting on team performance against goals and metrics.
- Software design, architecture, investigation of new technologies, and software development.
- Collaborating with the core development team and the product owners to define and estimate business requirements and translate them into specific software tasks
- Collaborating internally with (global) peers leading all aspects of our digital strategy (ex. Healthcare technology, digital marketing, analytics/big data).
A Master’s degree in Computer Science is preferred, a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is required. A minimum of 10 years of broad IT experience in web and internet technologies is required, preferably in a large global organization. Experience in development and commercial launch of consumer oriented software products is required, preferably . Experience leading Agile (Scrum, Kanban, or Lean) teams with a focus on software development is required.
- Hands on experience participating / leading agile software development teams
- Experience with managing vendor and consulting partners
- Development and launch of commercial consumer products with a healthcare focus that includes both web and mobile (native mobile) software launches
- Understanding of compliant software development and validation.
- Experience architecting, developing, and launching n-tier applications that include web, mobile, and back-end connectivity in preferably a healthcare setting
- Experience with the architecture and design of highly scalable, fault tolerant, and highly secure applications
- Experience with source code management and code analysis/review
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) services
- Strong ability to mentor, coach, review, and grow technical teams and talent
- Experience with Agile software development techniques (SCRUM) in a highly regulated setting.
- Experience with object-oriented design and implementation
- Good analytical and creative problem solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual that can act independently and run a team
- Excellent oral and verbal written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills to include leading large organizations through transformational change, attracting, mentoring and retaining top IT talent and creating an environment that fosters excellence, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Ability to define, shape, and help drive strategy to completion while effectively collaborating with others under minimal direction/supervision
- Strong relationship building skills, influencing internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment and globally is required
- Strong math, analytical, statistical modeling and problem-solving skills
Preferred Skills/Experience (Any of these is a plus)
- Experience with algorithm and analytics development
- Experience with the latest generation development frameworks: Angular, React, Node.js, Apigee, Python, …
- Experience with lean product design principles
Ability to function as part of a broader organizational team. Big picture orientation with strong attention to detail is necessary. Collaboration skills and the ability to build strong win/win relationships with partners. A results and performance driven attitude with strong sense of accountability and drive to get results.
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future (attention to work-life balance, flexible working hours, home-office, 39 holidays, attractive salary and nice benefits).
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)