Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805688480W
GMED Healthcare BVBA is the European Trading and Distribution Company for all goods of the Medical Devices (MD) sector of J&J, managing a network of Distribution Centers and the related in and outgoing material flows. As part of the MD Global Supply Chain, it is a central entity that owns all goods and manages financial flows related to European distribution for MD EMEA (and affiliate deliveries from Europe to rest of world).
GMED has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and organized Senior Accountant with strong general accounting knowledge. This position is part of the GMED finance team reporting to the Chief Accountant. The role requires strong collaboration with the other GMED Finance Groups, GFS team and the CLS Management team. It is a key role which provides many opportunities for collaboration & exposure both within and outside the Finance community and allows the job holder to significantly contribute to the continued success of our function & overall company.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including; booking, reconciling, reporting various operational expenses, cross charges.
- Perform all activities related to cash & bank accounting activities including reconciliations, mandates maintenance, J&J netting.
- Manage GMEDs fixed assets accounting and related SOX requirements.
- Responsible for management & periodic reporting including 3rd Party accounts payable aging analysis, GRNI reconciliations.
- Support and maintain the Purchase Order (PO) Database, approve and send POs to the suppliers, manage PO discrepancies.
- Assists in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, including “Budget vs. Actual” variance reports. Assist in providing follow‐up and documentation of significant variances.
- Support the Finance team on various month‐end, quarter‐end and year‐end close activities from General Ledger accounting, reconciliations, accruals and other ad hoc activities.
- Support and assist in the weekly processing of payments. Participate in weekly cash forecasts and payment plans.
- Assist with completion of the quarterly and annual regulatory filings; preparation of assigned Quarterly and Annual Corporate/Statutory Statement pages/schedules.
- Update, maintain and develop where necessary, general accounting policies and procedures to support the operations of the network.
- Back‐up month‐end duties assigned to Chief Accountant.
- Demonstrates standards of performance (ownership, teamwork, communication, compassion) that support customer satisfaction and principles of service excellence.
- Document analyses, controls and reports in accordance with J&J policies and procedures (SOX).
- Assist in accounting projects or perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Finance or Accounting.
- 4‐6 years accounting experience minimum.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles a must.
- Highly motivated, proactive and results‐driven team player, thrives in matrix organization.
- Possess and promote values consistent with J&J Credo.
- Well organized, very accurate and compliance driven. Able to deal with tight reporting timelines.
- Team player with good communication skills and customer oriented, aiming an effective collaboration
- with internal and external partners.
- Good computer literacy: knowledge of JD Edwards or other ERP systems, strong in MS Excel.
- Fluency in English and Dutch/French is required.