Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, Supplier Contracting Services
Requisition ID: 1805688043W
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
Manager, Supplier Contracting Services
Full-time permanent contract
This role is responsible for managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature. As such, this role is responsible for performing the review of contract requests, gathering any additional required information, choosing and populating appropriate templates, driving supplier negotiations on legal T&Cs, managing redlines/contract draft versions, ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures in processing contract requests and engaging the appropriate support as needed. In case of required escalation to Law Department or other SMEs, this role will put together and discuss recommendations for resolution.
This individual will develop strong, value-added working relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers and demonstrate sound management of assigned contracts. The types of contracts they will process include (but are not limited to) Master Services Agreements, consulting agreements, product supply agreements, confidentiality agreements, certain licensing agreements and other general and HCC related agreements. The engagements will have financial impact that range from several thousand to several million dollars.
- Managing the contract execution process, from receipt of the contract request through supplier signature for complex agreement types
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert within team, and with cross functional stakeholders
- Develops and delivers training for the team, and cross functional stakeholders
- Mentors/coaches other team members
- Identifying and Implementing Continuous Improvement Activities
- Leading, managing, and or participating in various projects to help better Supplier Contracting Services
In this role you will participate in decision making exercises as well as manage and prioritize a high volume of complex contract requests in a highly matrixed and team oriented environment. They will also provide SME escalation support as needed and expertise to business partners and associated teams. As a Manager Supplier Contracting Service, you will demonstrate an advanced understanding of the contract drafting, review and negotiation process. They will collaborate with Contract Attorneys, Procurement, HCC, Finance, and other internal functions in order to accomplish this task.
The Manager Supplier Contracting Services will also assist in developing business strategic initiatives, identifying and implementing process improvements and other solutions that resolve long cycle times as well as deviations to policies and associated activities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Para legal, Contract Management or Procurement position.
- Demonstrated track record of successful influencing, partnering and working with stakeholders and business partners
- Experience in leading negotiations
- Results oriented and track record of delivering results in an international corporation
- Project Management skills
- Advantage understanding of the contract authoring process and language
- Strong commitment and sense of urgency
- Partnership, collaboration and teamwork skills
- Flexibility in dealing with complex environment
- Broad-based understanding of core Procurement areas of focus regarding Supplier Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skill with ability to confidently present complex information
- Analytical, sound judgment and decision making, problem solver
- Credo mind-set and behavior
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Experience in the Healthcare industry and contract management certification is preferred
J.C. General Services CVBA (U.S. $) (7552)