Johnson & Johnson Careers
(Senior) Associate Scientist
Requisition ID: 1805687250W
(Senior) Associate Scientist, Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an Associate Scientist/Senior Associate Scientist for the Lead Discovery team, located in Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Lead Discovery team in the Discovery Sciences (DS) organization in Janssen R&D is committed to the delivery of high quality chemical leads needed for the generation of small molecule clinical compounds in all five Janssen Therapeutic Area (TA) discovery teams. This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology (MCP-BE) group as an Associate Scientist or Senior Associate Scientist.
- Be a key member of MCP-BE, providing expertise in cellular and molecular assays;
- Perform assigned experiments for the development of high throughput-compatible cellular assays, compound profiling and mechanism-of-action studies;
- Lead and teach others in the maintenance and operation of automated laboratory equipment;
- Collect and collate results, and contribute to scientific reports, regularly communicating results to supervisor and presenting results to the MCP-BE team;
- Collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary/matrix environment to support the work of project members for the progression of drug discovery projects.
- MS degree with a minimum of 3/6 years of experience, or a BS degree with a minimum of 4/9 years of experience;
- Extensive hands-on experience in cell culture, microscopy, immunofluorescence, western blotting, qRT-PCR, transduction and transfection;
- Preferably experience with complex mammalian cell cultures/tissues, such as iPSC, primary cells, 3D and co-cultures;
- Preferably hands-on experience with High Content Imaging (HCI), automated image analysis and Genedata Screener software;
- Extensive hands-on experience of liquid handling automation, high throughput assay development and research report generation to an industry standard;
- Very strong organizational skills for planning complex experiments and adhering to documentation and data management workflows;
- Experience working in interdisciplinary and international teams, preferably in biotech/pharma;
- Excellent cell biology knowledge and enthusiasm to collaborate with scientists from multiple fields;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)