Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1805686765W
The Opportunity : ETL Developer
The Johnson and Johnson, EMEA Software Development Centre are currently seeking an ETL Developer to join our team. We develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. The offices are newly designed, specifically to accommodate Scrum development and are based on the University of Limerick Campus.
It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organising and autonomous.
- Playing a lead role in software design, architecture, requirements analysis, investigation of leading edge technologies, and software development.
- Collaborating with the core development team and the product owner to define and estimate business requirements and then translate these into specific software tasks.
- Collaborate as a member of an agile team to get products developed and completed with best in class software development.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable ETL packages.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications developed.
- 5+ years’ experience of development of ETL packages.
- Strong technical knowledge of Enterprise Data Warehouse, database design and Information Management.
- Experience with Informatica Power Center in designing and developing complex ETL packages.
- Experience with writing and debugging complex SQL queries
- Experience in designing and developing data models
- Experience in real/near time data load using Informatica CDC (Change Data Capture)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge and experience with Gemfire, IMDG, Big Data, Hadoop, Kafka and Spark.
- Experience with Java and Spring – Spring Cloud, Spring XD and Spring Batch.
- Possess a basic understanding of agile development methodologies, specifically Scrum and Kanban.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
- BSc. or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Solid understanding of information management, data modeling, system integration, development methodologies (including unit testing) and web technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to work effectively with teams.
- Strong analytical skills and a demonstrable bias toward action.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)