Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate Scrum Master
Requisition ID: 1805686714W
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
At the EMEA Development Centre we develop, design and deliver high quality business applications, software solutions and services to meet J&J business technology requirements. The offices are newly designed, specifically to accommodate Scrum development. It is an open and highly collaborative environment based on LEAN principles with a strong emphasis on continuous integration, automated testing and continuous delivery. Scrum teams are encouraged to be self-organising and autonomous.
The successful candidate will lead a scrum team to define and implement solutions across all areas of J&J. This team is responsible for maintaining highest levels of development practices; working towards continuous improvement of those practices; maintaining and upgrading implemented systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Product Owner and Development Team to deliver on the Product Backlog.
- Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style and leading by example.
- Guiding the team to ensure Scrum practices and principles are adhered to.
- Ensure the Development Team is self-organizing.
- Facilitating all Scrum Ceremonies, that is, the Daily Stand Up, Product Backlog Refinement, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review/Demo and Sprint Retrospective.
- Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment, on a continual basis.
- Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on collaboration and problem solving.
- Facilitating completing work without coercion, assigning or dictating tasks.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and providing metrics.
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially with respect to refinement and integrity of the Product Backlog.
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across all Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites (Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, DePuy, Janssen Sciences, Janssen Pharmaceutical Sciences, EMEA Development Centre, Johnson & Johnson Medical and Consumer Divisions)
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones
and feedback from programme manager
Personal development and effectiveness training
Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2018 or due to graduate in 2019). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a BSc. or Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of Agile practices - Scrum, Kanban, Lean, Scaled Agile
- Co-ordination and facilitation skills
- The ability to bring people together to chat and openly discuss topics
Please note this is a 23-month programme starting in September 2019
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)