Johnson & Johnson Careers
Key Account Manager
Requisition ID: 1805686484W
Company overview: Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We welcome innovation—bringing ideas, products and services to life to advance the health and well-being of people around the world. We believe in collaboration, and that has led to breakthrough after breakthrough, from medical miracles that have changed lives, to the simple consumer products that make every single day a little better. Our over 125,000 employees in 60 countries are united in a common mission: To help people everywhere live longer, healthier, happier lives. In India, J&J operates as a single legal entity and consists of the 3 strategic business units: Consumer Products, Pharmaceuticals and Medical Devices, which are independently handled and report into their respective Global business segments
Johnson & Johnson companies are equal opportunity employers - The Global Job Posting policy promotes the dedication to the advancement and development of our employees. We invite you to read this posting and apply if you are passionate about the position and meet the requirements.
Job Title (India Specific): Key Account Manager
Division: Surgical Vision
Job Sub Family: Sales
Reports To: Regional Manager
- Responsible for the sales of all Cataract products within a defined territory that includes Phaco Equipment, the entire range of Intra Ocular Lenses and Visco Elastics. The incumbent is expected to plan, organize and implement selling activities in line with the plan for the J&J Surgical business and achieve or exceed the annual and quarterly sales objectives through the use of professional selling skills, time and territory management and the efficient use of promotional material consistent with marketing objectives. Should be good at building relationship with internal ad external customers (Doctors/KOLS/Distributors/Peers and Superiors).
- The position reports to the Regional Sales Manager (Cataract) and works very closely with the Regional Product Specialist for achieving the Sales Objectives. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring competitor activity and market trends, recommending solutions and implementing corrective actions based on factual information and will also be responsible for managing consignment inventory to best meet the needs of customers and to achieve internal inventory targets.
- Sales Target: Attains or exceeds the budgeted sales objectives for all nominated J&J products. Systematically covers all surgeons on designated territory. Responsible for developing, monitoring sales activity and implementing corrective actions to achieve targets!
- Selling Skills & Professionalism: Provides focused sales presentations and develops relationships with surgeons and surgery centre support staff. Provides expert product knowledge to customers and carries out in-service to ensure correct usage of J&J products. Develops and maintains a strong market orientation, builds J&J competitive knowledge, develops a complete understanding of the tender business and public and private hospital dynamics. Communicates with management on changes in market attitudes with regard to surgical/ophthalmic issues!
- Territory Management: Prepares and submits on a timely basis, field activity reports that comply with reporting requirements for the territory and other reports requested by the manager. Attends and participates in sales and industry meetings. Analyses sales reports and reports on sales variances in monthly commentary.
- Inventory & Asset Management: Effectively manages surgical assets in the field such as IOL consignments, hand held instruments, and loaner/demo equipment. Works with management to reduce inventory levels and accounts receivable days. Ensure that all Phaco inventory and service requirements are effectively communicated to the relevant Sales Support staff. Cares for all company property, practices cost containment, complies with all local and government regulations pertaining to transportation, storage, control and utilization of products.
Bachelors Degree in Science / Commerce / Engineering (Electronics/Electrical/Instrumentation) or Optometry. MBA will be an added advantage.
Experience: Minimum 4 years of experience out of which 2 – 4 years selling experience in the healthcare industry preferably in medical devices and consumables.
Abbott Medical Optics Private Limited (8078)