Johnson & Johnson Careers
Biomimicry Intern H/F
Requisition ID: 1805686300W
Johnson & Johnson family of Companies is comprised of more than 250 operating companies in 57 countries employing 117,000 people. Our companies develop and market products in three business segments: CONSUMER, MEDICAL DEVICES & PHARMACEUTICALS and we turnover over $91 billion annually.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France is a leading company in the cosmetic field with renowned brands such as RoC, Neutrogena, and Le Petit Marseillais. We are seeking a Biomimicry Intern to join our European Consumer R&D center in Normandie.
Internship in Biomimicry M/F
The internship is six months and based in Val-de-Reuil (Eure, Normandie), between Rouen and Paris. The Intern must be able to begin the position between January and April 2019.
Biomimicry is the emulation of biological forms, processes, and/or systems in nature to solve human challenges. Working with a global biomimicry expert and a team of scientists, the Biomimicry Intern will perform cutting-edge biomimicry R&D specifically to address challenges in consumer Self-Care, such as improving digestive health, supporting restful sleep, or providing relief from cough and cold.
The responsibilities of the Biomimicry Intern will include:
- Doing in-depth research, including a review of primary and secondary literature, as well as interviews of experts in relevant fields.
- Discovering biological models, translating the models’ mechanisms into implementable design principles, and assessing the potential of these design principles to benefit consumers.
- Identifying existing bioinspired technologies that are relevant to consumer Self-Care.
- Connecting with organizations across academia and industry who are creating knowledge and/or products that are bioinspired and relevant to Self-Care.
- Ensuring compliance with internal quality/safety Standard Operating Procedures, including Healthcare Compliance policies as well as the highest standards of laboratory best practices.
- The applicant should be enrolled in or have completed a Master program (M1/M2) or Engineering school in the Life Sciences, Biology, Biotechnologies, Engineering or a related field.
- Formal biomimicry training and/or a general understanding of biomimicry or a related field would be a plus.
- Knowledge of human biology is preferred.
- At least 6 months of relevant academic or industrial internship experience is preferred.
- Oral and written proficiency in English is required.
- Additional skills that are desirable:
- Ability to lead projects; acquire, analyze, interpret, and organize data; write and document research experiments and protocols; and
- Experience in working within a collaborative team across different disciplines as well as the ability to work with a high degree of independence.
It is preferred that the candidate be a self-motivated, creative strategic thinker with excellent communication, leadership and technical/scientific problem-solving skills.
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)