Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager Consumer GA&P - UK
Requisition ID: 1805686237W
At Johnson & Johnson, we believe good health is the foundation of vibrant lives, thriving communities and forward progress. That’s why for more than 130 years, we have aimed to keep people well at every age and every stage of life. Today, as the world’s largest and most broadly based healthcare company, we are committed to using our reach and size for good. Striving to improve access and affordability, building healthier communities, and put a healthy mind, body and environment within reach of everyone, everywhere.
Are you seeking new challenge in the world of Government Affairs? We are looking for a Government Affairs & Policy Senior Manager to provide business optimisation by building a sustainable partnership with Government, Parliamentarians, Political Advisers, Think Tanks and Academia. You will manage government affairs activity and provide strategic counsel across the consumer business.
Main duties of the role:
• Expert counsel and identify specific government policy actions to senior management including the Area Managing Director for Northern Europe for our Consumer business.
• Developing briefing documents and highlighting policy issues, ensuring consistent approved messaging when engaging with external partners.
• Building a deep understanding of the Commercial teams strategic and tactical business needs. You will engage other internal specialists in areas such as Medical Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Legal, Marketing, Communications & Public Affairs to develop and deliver effective advocacy.
• Designing and managing the implementation of allocated Government Affairs plans/projects, integrating with the Consumer EMEA and Enterprise wide government affairs and communications teams.
• Developing positive relationships with trade associations and taking an active role in key working groups, ensuring that our strategic priorities are advanced at industry level.
• Interpreting government health, economic, environmental, sustainability and innovation policy developments. You will be identifying business threats and opportunities and developing compliant plans to engage in health policy development.
• Raising the profile of J&J to positively build a trusted profile of our impact on consumers and healthcare in the UK.
Do you have the following knowledge, skills and experience?
• Experience In developing policy, policy analysis and government affairs.
• Able to translate policy issues into comprehensive briefing documents
• Knowledge of Parliamentary processes, the workings of Whitehall and the relevant Government departments
• Previous experience of working in government or a trade association
• 5 years + experience in Government Affairs
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe
Johnson & Johnson Limited (8700)